Rhinestone Monogrammed Ornaments and a Blinged out Holiday Table…

Holidays- Christmas- DIY- Ornament-Monogrammed-Instructions

Before things really get hectic with the holidays, I’ve decided to have a small Christmas dinner party for some of my girlfriend’s next week. Things just get too crazy during the holidays and we won’t have the chance to really share the holidays much when we switch into hyper fa la la mode. I thought it would be fun for us to get together, celebrate the holiday {girlfriend style} and say our goodbyes until February when we all finally come up for air!

Ok, now I know you’re wondering why on earth is my table all ready to go today when I’m not having the party until next week? No, I’m really not that OCD… {Yet}..   I wanted to participate in Centsation Girl’s Home Goods Holiday Tablescapes Contest today {November 30th} and the contest is for one day only, so I went ahead a set my table for the party so I could submit it. I’d like to say that I’m that organized to have my table laid out a week ahead of time but its usually more like an hour ahead of time! UGH!

So let’s check out the girl’s blinged out holiday table!!

I wanted to have the girl’s dinner in my kitchen to play off of my new upholstered chairs and the vintage clock that I painted on my wall a few months ago. The colors in my kitchen mix so perfectly with the silver and gold bling that I knew I wanted to have for the girls.  I also wanted to give a gift and I made them monogrammed rhinestone ornaments that I could work into the table setting itself.

For the monogrammed ornament, I purchased a four pack of large ornaments in both browns and silver from Home Goods {They were around $9.00}. I then purchased rhinestone sticker letters at Hobby Lobby. One large letter for the last name and a couple smaller alphabet packs for the first and middle initial {I held up my small and large initials just to make sure that the small wasn’t too small }:

All I did next was simply remove the letters from the backing and attached to the ornament. I didn’t use any glue or E6000 because the sticker letter adhesive was so strong itself in combination with the glass on the ornament that there really is no need:

These monogrammed ornaments would be a great inexpensive gift for the holidays and are perfect for girlfriend’s, teachers, co-workers, etc..

I want the girls to have something to unwrap so I wrapped each monogrammed ornament with tissue paper and cellophane and tied it with this fun and blingy silver and gold garland that I found and placed it on top of the plates:

So for the table setting itself, I wanted to use my monogrammed placemats that I made last year and shared the tutorial here. but I also wanted to find a way to mix in a fun patterned placemat. A happy compromise, I just added two patterned placemats in the middle:

Of course since I can’t stop making my poster board tree cones and if you haven’t seen my tutorial you can find it here. For my girl’s table, I had to use two of my favorites in the center of the table:

I put all my tree cones over tall candlesticks to make them look like tree bases.  It really gives it a fun and festive look!

I mixed in some mercury glass tall candle holders that I found at Home Goods and these low mercury glass holders that I’m going to use as wine holders:

I also mixed in this gold ornate candle holder that I think looks so fun with the silver and browns:

I used my Spode Woodland for the china:

I finished off the table setting with linen napkins rolled and tied with taffeta ribbon and I added a sprig of blinged out berries:

Well friends, that’s the table for my girlies! Hopefully they won’t see this and will be surprised. Now I have to decide what I’m going to cook for them. Last time I cooked for them it was a disaster! Any suggestions?

Have a wonderful rest of the week and I look forward to sharing another fun holiday project with you shortly!

Sharing this post with these fabulous blogs here and also;

The Lettered Cottage

Wow us Wednesdays!

Design Dazzle

This entry was posted in Christmas Ideas, Crafts, Gift Ideas/Projects, Monogram Madness, Tutorials, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to Rhinestone Monogrammed Ornaments and a Blinged out Holiday Table…

1. What a pretty and elegant table. I’m very fond of browns and you have just the right mix. Great job! Geez…I want to be one of your girlfriends…LOL!

2. Melanie York-Barrett says:

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Can’t wait to try these for myself!
    Thanks for sharing!

3. Amanda Eck says:

oh my goodness Cyndy!!! I LOVE it!!! Those ornaments are so chic!

4. Your table is lovely and you have done it again with the awesome blinged out ornaments!

5. DesignFluff says:

Beautiful! I haven’t seen decor with browns this beautiful in a long time. Congrats on such a great job:)

Thank you so much! I have always loved a really rich brown mixed with a super light taupe. I really love chocolate, taupe mixed with lime green but I do not have any thing remotely similar to green in my home! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!

6. Bama Girl says:

Cyndy, you would have the winning table, if I were to choose! It is beautiful! Those ornaments are so beautiful, too. I love your website and your tutorials!

7. Shanee says:

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! You had me at cone trees and monogrammed ornaments. Just found your blog and it is great. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next:)

8. Love those monogrammed ornaments!

9. Mrs. Plank says:

I love your fun mix! Love love love the china! It looks like the makings of a great party :)

10. Catie says:

Love the ornaments & table! It looks beautiful! For a menu, how about a curried butternut squash soup (can be made ahead) with risotto and green salad with dried cranberries, candied nuts, shaved greyere and a cider vingarette (reduce & cool apple cider before adding to vingarette to make it more flavorful – and use cider vinagar as well). Enjoy!

11. Joy says:

Your table looks so pretty! Love the monogram favor Christmas ornaments.

12. Katie says:

Your table looks wonderful. My grandmother used to have that exact china set here in England. She passed away ten years ago this week and it bought back some lovely happy memories seeing it on your table. She was a great homemaker too, and took great pride in her china collection. Thanks for putting a smile on my face today!

Katie

13. Beautiful! I love that ornament. I need to make one now. Thanks for sharing =) Visiting from CG…

14. Centsational Girl says:

ba-bling is right! I love this idea!!! And that combo of brown, gold and sparklies is so stunning! Bravo girl, thanks for linking up to the party!
    xo
    Kate

Thank you so much Kate!! Thrilled to see you stopping by and thank you so much for having the contest! I have my fingers crossed but wow, there are some fabulous tables!! Thanks again Kate!

15. that is absolutely stunning, and those ornaments look like they took so much work-i can’t believe those are just stickers. fabulous idea! they really would make a great gift, too.

16. Amy says:

You are a girl after my own heart! I am dying over those ornaments, beautiful! {And SO me!} I am going to have to make some :) I am glad to have found your blog via the Tablescape party and can’t wait to look around. Have a fun party, what a great idea for a pre-holiday girls night!
    Amy

Thank you so much Amy! Glad that you found us! Yep, take a look around especially if you like monograms! Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments!

17. Noelle says:

Wow how gorgeous, I love those glammed out monogrammed ornaments!! stopping by from Centsationalgirl’s tablescape party!

18. Susan Williams says:

I am in love with those monogrammed ornaments – totally making some! As far as dinner ideas – try chicken marbella (http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_marbella/) I’m making it tonight for our Friends’ Thanksgiving and it’s so delicious. I know the flavor combinations sound weird, but trust me. And couldn’t be easier – you make everything ahead of time!

Chicken Marabella? I am going to check that out and making ahead sounds really great to me! So thrilled that you liked the ornaments! Thanks for visiting!

19. Supah-pretty! Love the bling. :)

20. MeganV says:

I love everything about this! Those ornaments are beautiful!!!

21. Kylie says:

This is one of the most beautiful tablescapes I’ve seen. I’ve pinned about 5 photos. Congratulations.
    Kylie

22. Judy says:

I love your table setting. It is gorgeous. I think I will have to borrow your idea about the ornaments. GREAT idea.

23. Deb says:

I am so going to do the same thing! They are gorgeous! I love anything monogrammed – and the ones on the bronze ornament are totally elegant!
    Girl friends are so important and it sounds like you take good care of yours!! Memories will be made at your beautiful table!

24. Louise says:

I’m sooooo not a glitter or rhinstone girl.. That is until December rolls around! I love shine and sparkle once the holidays come… so I am on the lookout for the materials to make this! Thanks!

25. You table is beautiful! The ornaments are brilliant! I really love the colors you used. Have a fun time with your friends!

26. Taunnie says:

I really love the colors you used very modern and sophisticated. I also adore your posterboard trees, what an easy and elegant idea!

27. Christine says:

Wow – I am blown away! How creative, beautiful and festive! This is the first time I’ve been to your blog (courtesy of a pin on pinterest) and I will definitely be back more often for inspiration! enjoy the party next week!

28. Jennifer says:

I’d say your girlfriends are in for a treat! So elegant and pretty. Terrific job!

29. Babs says:

The ornaments are so elegant. I adore monograms and didn’t know about stick on rhinestones/letters. Beautifully done and yours guest must love your thoughtfulness and creativity. Visiting from Wow Us Wednesday.
    Babs

30. Kathy t says:

What beautiful ornaments –You have truly inspired me -I’m going to make several of these for different friends and co-workers. Your table is beautiful and that is my favorite china pattern, Have a wonderful, crazy night with your friends.

31. Angie says:

Bling! Love, love, LOVE the bling! What a fabulous table.

32. Heather says:

The rhinestone stickers are a great idea! Love the monograms.

33. These are really nice! They are a great gift idea. Your table turned out lovely also. I hope you’ll stop by The Corson Cottage and share them at our {Home for the Holidays} link party. http://thecorsoncottage.blogspot.com/2011/12/home-for-holidays-link-party.html

34. Lindsay says:

I am absolutely in love with the monogrammed ornament idea! Can’t wait to make my own. They are just stunning.

35. Jen says:

What a beautiful table! I love the ornament idea! I found it on Pinterest and repinned it! I”m also featuring it on my site today! I hope you’ll stop by for a peak!
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

36. jalinda says:

Totally gorgeous, you’ve got a great creative touch!

37. Dawn says:

Gorgeous! I love the color scheme and the bling! Very classy. :)

38. WhyCuzICan says:

Wow, CLASSY looking rhinestone ornament– esp with the choc brown orny. Very nice! Thanks for a great inspiration piece!

Visiting from TT&J tonight,
    Smiles, and happy holidays from Chilly NW Illinois
    Suzanne

39. Sarah says:

Gorgeous! Visiting from TT&J!

40. Debs says:

Oh my days! When I hopped over from TT&J I did NOT expect to see such a gorgeous array of goodies fit for queens!! I’m not even going to try and copy this, instead I’ll just sit and drool!! hehe

41. Are you kidding me?!? These are so amazing they don’t look real! Gorgeous photography as well.

A true pleasure to feature you on FJI Facebook for SNS 110 and pinned. :)

Donna

42. jamie says:

these are just stunning! and the entire table is beautiful

43. Pamela says:

Love your ornaments. Maybe that will be my next year’s gift to my family. I already have almost finished this year’s. Thank you very much for sharing.

44. Cyndy says:

Thank you SOOOO much to all of you for your comments!! I am thrilled that you all like the table and ornament! Happy Holidays to all of you!!

45. Cyndy,
    Can you tell me where you got or who it is by…… the patterned paper/wallpaper for the poster board tree?
    Thanks,
    Caroline

46. What a beautiful job!
    Can you tell me what you used on your card board tree is that paper or wallpaper what brand or where did you find it? I appreciate any info.
    Caroline

47. What a fabulous and fun tablescape! I adore the monogram ornaments!! Who wouldn’t love to receive one of them. I bet your girlfriends had a lovely time. Thanks for sharing your creativity :D

48. I love everything about this table! You did such a fabulous job. I’m dying over the rhinestone ornaments, they are gorgeous. I shared on my FB page :)

49. Tausha Love says:

Thank you Cyndy for sharing, this was the perfect gift idea for my Sorority Sisters this Christmas! I put my own spin to it, I used the pearl and frosted white ornaments and added a damask wired ribbon around the top!

50. I made your monogrammed ornaments, and gave you credit. Thank you so much for sharing. Hope you get a lot more hits! Merry Christmas.

51. Jo says:

I love the ornaments, have to try them for Christmas this year. Your table looks great

52. Anne Dial says:

Just shared to facebook…<3 them..

53. Pingback: 25 Awesome Holiday Craft Ideas Even I Can Make 'em!

54. Pingback: Handmade Holiday Gift Guide…

55. Pingback: Creative Gifts for Teachers, Friends and Kids…

56. I just included you in our gift round up. I love the idea and used it myself this year. Thank you and Merry Christmas! :)

57. Pingback: DIY Cookie/Cake Stands and Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Men…

58. E. D. Webb says:

made 31 monogrammed ornaments for my family and a few special friends this year – 2012. got such sweet ‘love ‘em’ comments from all! and most wanted to know how long it took to glue each stone onto the ornament and how to keep them straight. wish I had a better poker face – but had to ‘fess up to the decals. wonderful fun and a great gift. thanks to hobby lobby and your creative web site. love your style sense. thank you for you generosity.

59. Pingback: Fabulous & Easy Last Minute Gift Ideas |

60. Lacy says:

I love all of the decor! It’s so elegant! I am featuring this post in my Holiday Gift Guide tomorrow! Thank you for sharing!

Love and Blessings,
    Lacy

Lacy recently posted..Look What I Found: Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Mousse!My Profile

61. Love your blog and this project – so creative and fun! Just wanted to let you know I featured it in my roundup of glass ornament crafts here. Feel free to check it out if you want and hope you like it! : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist