My Christmas Home Tour 2016

Christmas wreath swag with pine, large sugar pine cones and fresh juniper berries.

Welcome to day 4 of the 12 Days of Holiday Blogger Home Tour! I’m excited to be sharing my Christmas home decor today along with Jen at Stylehouse Interiors and Kelly Elko.  A big thank you to Lynch Creek Farm for being a sponsor of the tour this year! You can find the rest of the tour schedule at the end of today’s post.

2016 12 Days of Holiday Home Tour Schedule

If you’re new to The Creativity Exchange, I’m Cyndy and I’m thrilled you stopped by!

We are knee deep in the middle of remodeling several rooms in our home right now and I took some time away from the remodel to decorate for Christmas.  Most of the images in today’s post were taken by photographer Linda Beber.  I have mixed in a few of my own images as well that I took as I was decorating.

Welcome to our home and front porch!

Christmas garland and wreath with large sugar pine cones and magnolia. Front Porch.

This year, I wanted to incorporate shades of light slate gray blues, greens and these HUGE sugar pinecones (affiliate link). I love working in natural elements and these pinecones always look so pretty. I use them all year round on my porch in a lot of different ways.

I changed all of our Christmas colors this year because I was so inspired by the colors/design in this beautiful “Winter Wonderland” gift wrap from Rifle Paper Co.

Rifle Paper Co. Christmas Gift Wrap

Every year, I always start my decorating by finding my ribbon first that I’ll be working into my garlands and trees. This year, I was so excited to find this beautiful slate blue/green velvet ribbon that was exactly what I was looking for to pull together all my new colors.

My door garland is a mix a faux pine and I worked in fresh magnolia leaves and these amazing fresh juniper berries. Yes!! Fresh juniper berries!

Christmas front porch garland mixed with magnolia leaves and sugar pine cones.

You can really see the beautiful slate blue fresh juniper berries, eucalyptus and magnolias  closer in my swag wreath below:

Christmas pine wreath swag with large sugar pine cones and fresh juniper berries.

I was so lucky this year. A florist friend gave me a huge bucket of fresh eucalyptus to work into my Christmas decor and while I was there picking it up, she showed me these amazing fresh juniper berry branches. When I saw them, I gasped and said oh yes!  What a special treat this year. 😉

The juniper were slightly dried and exactly that pretty slate blue color.  This is what they looked like when I got them home:

Fresh juniper berries and branches worked into Christmas garlands and wreaths.

Christmas pine wreath swag with fresh juniper berries

For the rest of our porch, I’m still decorating but here is what I have done so far.

Christmas front porch decorating ideas.

Christmas decorated front porch.

Next up is our foyer as you enter our home.

Christmas home tour. The foyer.

Our girl Ava is here at the door to greet you! Ava is full of Christmas cheer all year round!

The Creativity Exchange Christmas Home Tour. Ava the German Shorthair

On my foyer/entryway table I decorated a tree in a champagne bucket.

Christmas tree in champagne bucket.

I worked in the fresh juniper berries, faux pears, fresh eucalyptus and that pretty slate blue/green velvet ribbon.

Christmas tree in champagne bucket.

Christmas entryway tree in champagne bucke

The Creativity Exchange's Christmas Home Tour

The Creativity Exchange Christmas Home Tour.

In our dining room this year, I created a winter greenery wonderland table by layering cake stands, candles, fresh greenery, more juniper berries and brush trees. Layering cake stands is such an easy way to create a festive centerpiece. Use what you have like turned over nut bowls and other pieces to elevate candles at different heights.

Christmas tablescape with layered cake stands and greenery.

Christmas tablescape using layered cake stands, greenery and candles.

I also layered a mix of faux cedar garland with fresh eucalyptus into our chandelier.

Christmas garland in chandelier

The Creativity Exchange's Christmas Home Tour.

A couple years ago, we built this narrow bar in a wasted corner and we will put it to good use this Christmas!

The Creativity Exchange's Christmas Home Tour.

Our living room is one of the rooms we are in the process of remodeling. We recently just finished enclosing our brick fireplace and painted all the bookshelves white. We are not finished with the space yet (we’re also switching out rug/furniture) but here is the before and after so far.

Before:

Brick fireplace

After:

The Creativity Exchange's Christmas Home Tour

We are so excited with the big change!  The brick fireplace always bothered me because it really overpowered the space.  I felt like this was the best solution and now we can’t wait to get the rest of the room finished and add a new rug/furniture to better compliment the lighter colors.  I’ll be sharing all the details of this room transformation/enclosing the brick in the next couple of weeks when the room is finally finished.

On our main tree this year, we layered our tree with fresh eucalyptus, magnolia leaves and LOTS of flocked sprigs. I really wanted it to feel natural and layered woodlands.

Winter wonderland Christmas tree mixed with magnolia leaves and eucalyptus

Christmas tree mixed with magnolia leaves and eucalyptus

The beautiful garland on the fireplace came from Lynch Creek Farm. It’s a mixed garland with red and incense cedar and it’s absolutely gorgeous. I added juniper berries and eucalyptus at the corners.

Christmas garland of mixed cedar, fresh eucalyptus and juniper berries.

Lastly, we always do a tree in my daughter’s room and we’re still in the process of finishing it but she’s requested the same tree decor from the last two years. By the way, we framed a Rifle Paper Co. calendar for her wall and it’s such a fun project that you can see here. So here’s a pic from two years ago to show you what we’re doing.  I’ll switch out shots here when it’s finished.

Little girl's butterfly Christmas tree. The Creativity Exchange

Well that’s it for now! I still have more decorating projects I’m finishing up and I’ll add them here as we get them done in the next day or two.  For any of you interested in how I work the ribbon into my trees, I shared all my tricks/tips from my department store visual design days here that make Christmas decorating so much easier!

I’m so thrilled you stopped by today! Be sure and head on over to Stylehouse Interiors and Kelly Elko today as well. You can find the rest of the schedule of the tour below:

Here’s the tour schedule:

Shirley from Housepitality Designs

Monday December 12
Erin from Sunny Side Up
Heather from The Heathered Nest

Tuesday 12/13
HOLIDAY HOME LINK UP

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Cyndy Aldred of The Creativity Exchange is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comCheers!

This entry was posted in Christmas Home Tours, Decorate and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to My Christmas Home Tour 2016

1. It’s all just stunning, Cyndy! I’m with you–fresh juniper berries are a great score when it comes to holiday decorating! It’s hard to pick a favorite room, but I’m loving your dining room, and your daughter’s precious butterfly tree in front of the Rifle Paper calendar. LOVE!

2. Tanya says:

Absolutely stunning! I love everything, especially the fireplace transformation and the calendar collage picture. But the dog is seriously the best of all!! (PS Off to buy the wrapping paper inspiration…love this print/color/everything!)

Thank you Tanya! Yes, I am SO relieved to finally get the fireplace project done. We are so ready to have the rest of the room done as well. We’re slowly making progress! 😉 The gift wrap in person is so amazing! You’ll love it! Merry Christmas Tanya! 🙂

• Tanya says:

Thanks so much, Merry Christmas!!

PS I can’t wait to hear what you think about Pantone’s choice for this year. I think you mentioned that you still think blue/greens are the color in that area…

3. Everything is just beautiful! Love the soft colors you chose & natural elements. And Ava… well, she’s always a beauty!!

4. cyndy, your home looks amazing! that tree with the magnolia and eucalyptus is just genius! and your dog… oh my gosh!

5. Pam says:

I love what you did with the fireplace. My fireplace looks very similar to your old fireplace. Can you tell me what the process was for the make over of your new fireplace. It is just lovely. So is the rest of your home. I love your outside decor. I love all the natural elements.

6. Pam says:

I love what you did with the fireplace. My fireplace looks just like your old one. What was the process for this makeover. Your home is lovely. Love all the natural elements.

Thank you Pam! We framed in the brick with MDF and then trimmed it out. We added marble tiles right on top of the brick. In a couple weeks, I will be sharing the whole process on the blog with all the details. Thanks so much for stopping by! 🙂

7. Michelle says:

Wow, your home is so beautifully decorated for the holidays. You should be very proud.

P.S. That painting over your fireplace is gorgeous.

8. Vel says:

To say that your entire home is majestic this time of year would be an understatement Cyndy! It is stunningly gorgeous!!!! Love your front porch and how you added fresh to faux, perfection! I love every nook and cranny of your home and your magnificent tree! Yes, I’m a huge Anna Rifle fan too and just bought the calendars from this year (on sale of course), thinking of the exact same thing you did for your daughter’s room! Love her work! So very honored to share this home tour with you! Cheers!

Thank you so very much for such kind words Vel! Your note made my morning! Thank you! Love that your a Rifle Paper Co. fan too! Everything they do just inspires me so much! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me such a wonderful note! Cheers!

9. Emily Aberle says:

Everything is absolutely beautiful. Love your colors! What company is the blue leopard print rug runner from. The dog is adorable too.

Thank you so much Emily! The rug is actually carpet squares from FLOR Carpet Squares. I LOVE to use the Flor squares in my entry because you can easily replace if one gets to worn and I can make the rug really long (my entry way is pretty long). The pattern is called “Spot On” and it comes in like 6 colors. Mine is actually teal. I hope that helps! Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

10. Oh my goodness! You knocked it out of the park, girl! I love all of the greenery that you incorporated in such a classic way, and your fireplace looks SPECTACULAR! Thanks so much for joining in – so stunning.

Thanks girl and thank you so much for including me! I didn’t think I would be able to swing more than one room this year with the big remodel but I somehow got motivated! Ha! Big hug friend!

11. Jen says:

Cyndy it’s stunning! I don’t know where to start! I am so jealous of that velvet ribbon, I wanted to find some to use in my decor this year but couldn’t find the shade I wanted. I love your tree in the entry and your main tree as well, I have always loved woodland trees and yours with the mix of pastels and vintage ornaments makes my heart beat faster! Love Love Love!

12. Fran Kiker says:

Truly the most beautiful Christmas decorating festival! Could you share the paint color on the wall of your foyer?

13. Amanda says:

Cyndy, everything is just gorgeous! That garland around the front door is stunning! I love the fresh yet muted tone. Beautiful home my friend.

14. Kelly Elko says:

Wow Cyndy your home is stunning! I LOVE the huge pinecones and the fresh juniper berries – I’ll bet it smells heavenly! My dog Sushi wants a playdate with Ava!

15. Susan P says:

Your home is beautiful. So jealous!

16. Nancy says:

Cyndy, can you share your process of how you place the tabletop trees in the unique containers (champagne bucket and your daughter’s tree)? My tabletop trees all have an ugly stands that desperately need to be hidden! Thanks and your home is beautiful.

Thank you Nancy! The trick is to buy the small trees that have a planter type container as a base and not those four leg things that stick out. Hobby Lobby’s small trees are in gold planters that easily slip into urns/buckets, etc.. I then cover the base with a bunch of palm size rocks (from my garden) to secure it. I hope that helps and thanks so much for stopping by!

17. jthorntonwilson says:

I saw the room you posted on Instagram and that inspired me to visit your blog again today. That room definitely hinted at all the goodness here! I love the juniper berries and how they coordinated with your decor scheme for Christmas. Thanks for all the inspiration!

I’m so glad that you came over from Instagram to see the tour! How awesome is it that my friend thought to show me the juniper berries! What I didn’t say is that I pretty much ripped them from her hands I was so excited! LOL! Thank you so much for your kind words! 🙂

18. Sewbusymom says:

Absolutely beautiful! Love your style

19. kim says:

I love this Cyndy! Everything looks so calm and peaceful. Can you share how you hung your garland around the front door? My door is rounded at the top and I’d love to hang something around it. Thanks for sharing your home!

Thank you so much Kim! I hung it by drilling 3 masonry screws into the brick at 12:00, 2:00 and 10:00 (if you look at it like a clock). I really needed to do four, which is why it’s down so low but it I liked that was drooping a little. I’m sure there are easier ways to do it but I needed it to be super secure, so I could really layer. Thanks for your note and stopping by! 🙂

20. Carolyn says:

I love the framed calendar prints in your daughter’s room. Are the frames custom made and, if not, where did you purchase them?

Thanks os much!

21. Cyndy, Gorgeous holiday decor. I love your light palette with the touches of gold and blue. Your Christmas decorations fit beautifully with your home’s regular color scheme. Thank you for sharing.

22. Rosanna Goode says:

Wow you are so talented and your home is gorgeous. Loved Ava being the greeter so sweet. Love and miss you Aunt Rose

23. Becky says:

Amazing Cyndy! Your front porch is my favorite with that stunning garland and those huge pinecones! Love the color scheme that was inspired by that gorgeous paper! Everything is beautiful. Merry Christmas!

24. amanda says:

Cyndy, Everything is STUNNING!!!!! I love how all of your Christmas fits so perfectly with your every day decor. You have a great talent for greenery as well! xo

25. where did you get your ribbon, I love that velvety color?

The ribbon came from a boutique store in the north Houston area called Laurie’s. I found it in person. They don’t have an online store but I bet you could call and they would ship you the ribbon. Just tell them it’s the light blue slate wide velvet ribbon. Here’s the site: http://laurieshomefurnishings.com/

26. I absolutely love your entryway, and want to redo mine with that exact wallpaper. Would you tell me where you purchased it?? I love the mirrored table as well. Just gorgeous!

Thank you so much Kelly! The paper is by York Candace Olson Collection and it’s called “Diva”. My mirrored console table is from High Fashion Home in Houston and I think they still carry it. Thank you so much for stopping by! 🙂

27. It’s all absolutely amazing! I LOVE that tree in your entry. I’m pinning that for later!!

28. Cyndy, I have been a huge fan of your decor for YEARS! I am so excited to be participating in this home tour with you! Your family room transformation is fantastic. And I love your daughter’s colorful tree and the framed calendar artwork. Happy Holidays!

29. What a lovely color combination. The swag on your door is breathtaking. Juniper berries are wonderful aren’t they? Lovely garland from Lynch Creek and your tree is simply gorgeous!!

30. Oh my goodness!! That swag wreath is gorgeous on your door! What a stunning tour! I love the new fresh white look in your living room and your bar area is so classy and such a great use of space!! It is all so so pretty!!

31. Pats says:

Everything is beautiful. What brand is your dining room table and chairs? I really like them.

Thank you so much! My dining room table and chairs are made by Bernhardt Furniture. Not sure if they still make it or not though. We bought the set about 10 years ago. Thanks for stopping by!

32. Exquisite tour!…I feel as if I am reading this from an elegant magazine. Love the stunning details in your home accessorized with the beauty of fresh greens. Merry Christmas Cyndy to you and your family!

33. What a stunning entryway!

34. Debra says:

Oh goodness me! I am drooling over all the details in each and every photos. Your colors are so refreshing and clean! Just love your Christmas decor. Also, your front door color is amazing as well. Job well done.

35. heather says:

I’m in awe. I thought nothing could top Ava, then I kept scrolling, and it is ALL exquisite! The stocked bar was kind of a highlight too 😉 The fireplace makeover is FANTASTIC!!! Have a wonderful holiday season!!

36. Janice Stewart says:

Just beautiful. Love all the soft colors you used. Breathe taking….