Free Printable Pantry Labels: Hand Lettered

Free printable pantry labels hand lettered by Zuer Designs. The Creativity Exchange

Free printable hand lettered pantry labels. The Creativity Exchange

I’m so excited about today’s contributor post from Jo from Zuer Designs because this project was a very fun collaboration between Jo and myself.  I cannot tell you just how amazed I am with Jo’s hand lettering, which you can see in these fun free printable pantry labels.  If you get the chance, be sure and check out her work/custom designs on her website and Instagram here.

Today, Jo is sharing her beautiful free printable pantry labels, which I used in my baking cabinet/pantry in the images.

Free printable pantry labels. Over 45 hand lettered labels.

Free Printable Pantry Labels hand lettered by Zuer Designs. Print on clear sticker paper.

To keep this post from being too long, we have broken down this project into two posts. This post today, Jo is sharing her beautiful  labels and how to print them. You can get to our second post on all the baking cabinet sources, details and tips for organizing by clicking the image directly below or here:

Baking cabinet organizing with free printable labels. The Creativity Exchange

So on to Jo’s March contributor post!

Free printable hand lettered pantry labels. The Creativity Exchange

Hi everyone! So glad to be back again for my March contribution. This month is super exciting, not only because it’s my birthday month, but because I have these awesome free printable pantry labels that I hand lettered for you!

Free printable hand lettered pantry labels.

These labels are hand lettered in a modern loopy font (similar to the hokey pokey style of custom lettering you can order from my website!). There is a label for almost everything you could ever have in your pantry that needs labeling! From flour, to spices, to coffee and baking sprinkles, I’m sure you’ll find it!

Free printable pantry labels. Over 50 of them to organize your pantry.

We have found that it’s the best to print these labels onto Silhouette clear sticker sheets  (amazon affiliate link). You can buy a two-pack of the Silhouette labels (8 sheets in each pack) on Amazon here. You don’t have to have a silhouette machine to use these sheets and will work on standard printers.

Free printable hand lettered pantry labels. The Creativity Exchange

Free printable hand lettered pantry labels. The Creativity Exchange

It’s important to note that when printing on these clear sheets, you’ll need to carefully follow the instructions below to get the best possible quality labels.

As you can see, Cyndy used the labels in her baking cabinet pantry and they help make everything identifiable and fun.

There are eight sheets of labels, which are identified below.

**Updated 4/29/16** Please read the instructions for printing below as the instructions have changed to get even better quality on the labels.

These free printables are for personal use only and may not be resold, or for commercial use.  Contact me directly via my website if you want to discuss anything beyond personal use.

STEPS to PRINT

1. Right click and save the image of the sheet of labels below that you want and save it to your “pictures” file on your hard drive.  If you have a Mac, you’ll hit control and right click to save to your pictures.
  2. Go into your pictures file/photo editing software and open up the image file just like you would normally go to print a photo from your computer.
  3. Load your silhouette clear sheets into the printer but be sure and do a test run first on paper (make sure you have more than 50% ink).
  4. After you hit the print or print preview button, go into your advanced printer settings/image quality or printer set up and choose the “Best” or “High Quality” print quality.  This is very important and will make big difference on the level of ink used on the sticker sheets. All printers “conserve” ink and by default, printers are set to use the minimum amount of ink.  Because we are printing bold black ink on slick paper, if the best quality setting is not used, the font will come out faint on this particular type silhouette sticker paper.

This is what the “media & Quality” setting looks like on a Mac:

Media Quality

In Windows, the setting is under “paper & quality” and you will want to

Right click > open with > Photos

Right click > print > more settings

Under more settings, set the output quality to ‘High Quality’

screenshot

If you have absolutely no clue, just do a test run on paper and see at which point in the printing process you are given the option for advanced settings or settings for image/media quality.

5. Print the image “full size”

6. Print only one silhouette sheet at a time (to prevent smearing) and let ink dry at least 15 minutes.

Here are the different label sheets available. Follow “step 1” to save the sheets of the labels you would like to your computer.

Free Printable Pantry Labels Sheet 1

Free Printable Pantry Labels 2

Free Printable Pantry Labels 3

Free Printable Pantry Labels 4

Free Printable Pantry Labels to use on clear sticker paper.

Beverage_Labels_32

Free Printable Pantry Labels Nuts

I also made a few of the ingredients extra large for larger storage bins;

Large_Pantry_Labels_32

If you’re also interested in the recipe card free printables as shown below, you can find that printable in my post here from my January contributor post.

Free printable pantry labels and recipe cards. The Creativity Exchange

Free printable recipe cards

Hope you guys enjoy them as much as I do! If you ever use any of my printables, I would love to see your creations! Tag me on Instagram so I can see @zuerdesigns

For more lettering fun, tips and tricks, you can find me at my website at zuerdesigns.com.

By the way, be sure and check out all the other great containers and items that Cyndy has pulled together to use these labels and get organized in The Creativity Exchange shop.

Shop The Creativity Exchange

Cyndy Aldred of The Creativity Exchange is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to [insert the applicable site name amazon.com.

Jo

This entry was posted in Crafts, Organizational Ideas, printables and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to Free Printable Pantry Labels: Hand Lettered

1. What a great way to get motivated in organizing the pantry. Definitely sharing this with all my followers. Thanks a Bunch, PattyV

Thanks so much for sharing with your readers PattyV! πŸ™‚ I agree! When Jo sent me the labels, it was so easy to get motivated to finally get my pantry organized! πŸ™‚

2. Lisa says:

Jo, I love the font on these printable labels! Thank you!
    Cyndy, I am inspired to organize my pantry and make it pretty like yours.

I am so glad you’re inspired Lisa! Jo and I are so excited to see all of this come together! Never thought I would ever say how much fun I had organizing my pantry. LOL! Thanks for stopping by! πŸ™‚

3. Jane Major says:

Would love labels for ‘all purpose flour’ (ap flour) and ‘bread flour’! Is that possible?! Thanks, Jane

Thanks for your note Jane! Jo and I have started a list of requests and we hope to add a few more soon. I will update you when they are up. Have a great weekend. πŸ™‚

• Miranda says:

Has their been an updated list? I would love to use labels for things like almond flour, coconut sugar, etc. Anyway we could get them customized?

How ironic Miranda! Tomorrow’s post is the editable printables that you can customize in that same font and type in your own pantry items or any other labeling around the home! πŸ™‚

4. Susanne says:

I’m so inspired to go home and totally redo my pantry. Thank you so very much for these printables. I had a problem with a couple of the downloads #5 and the last one.

5. Ambrie says:

Where are the small cork bottles from?

6. Vanessa says:

How about making one for bread crumbs, dried fruit, nuts, beans? That is all I can think of.

7. Joi says:

These are so fun! Thank you both so much for these adorable labels. I am in the midst of planning a complete overhaul of my pantry, and plan on using some of your storage ideas, Cyndy, and these cute labels from Jo. Can’t wait to get it started!

BTW, did you know it is “self-rising” flour, not “raising”?

8. Jessie says:

Love this font! Do you mind sharing the name so I can download it?

9. Kim says:

I can’t wait to print these – the lettering is so happy! How can you not smile when you open the pantry and are greeted by these! Thank you!

10. Ivana says:

Do I need a silhouette machine to print these?

Hi Ivana! No, you sure don’t need a silhouette for these. All you do is print on clear 8.5 x 11 sticker/label paper and cut out around lettering. The lines on the will not show once you attach to the canisters. It’s so easy! πŸ™‚

• Marinie says:

You can also use an Avery 5662 Labels.

11. Ivana says:

Do you know what spice jars?

12. jeannine says:

This is exactly the type of font I have been looking for. Here are some extra ideas for more labels, that I would love!
    Cranberries, Palm sugar, macadamias, linseed, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, sesame seeds, gravox, bi-carb soda, mixed nuts, kelp, bread improver, popping corn, gelatine, almonds, dried Apple, dried apricot, cornflour, currants, prunes, raisins, dates, brown sugar, coconut, raw sugar, bread crumbs, custard powder, rive flour, black chia, almond meal, salted almonds, pecans, Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds,pure icing sugar, icing mixture, bakers flour, school snacks, plain flour.
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!

• Karen says:

I’m keen for some extra options too, it looks awesome
      but I imagine it would defeat the purpose of having such gorgeous labels if only half the cupboard has them.

13. Carol says:

I have just renovated our kitchen and put in a walk in pantry . Was going to used dinamo labels but these will be perfect. Thank you so much

14. Shelby says:

These are so pretty! Just wondering though.. When I go to wash out a container will the label come off? And would it be best to wash by hand or in the dishwasher? Thanks so much!

Shelby

• Theresa says:

This is my question also. How well does the sticker paper stay adhered?

It depends on the type of sticker/label paper that you use. Clear wall decal sticker paper or the silhoutte sticker paper works great. I’m testing out a couple other papers as well and will update this post with the best papers to use. πŸ™‚

• Gloria says:

Love this so much, thank you! Any chance you will update on best papers? Would love to do in vinyl on my printer.

Hi Gloria! Yes, I’ll be doing an update soon on the differences between the clear papers. I will tell you though that the silhouette is still my favorite so far for these labels. I use to be able to get this window cling clear sheets from Office Depot that I loved so much but they have discontinued them. I am still searching to see if I can find something similar. I think it could be done on vinyl on the Silhouette or Cricut but I don’t have either, so I cannot explain directions. I would love it if someone would try it and send me details. Thanks so much! πŸ™‚

15. Andrea says:

Thanks so much for providing these, I’ve printed all these and made over my pantry and totally LOVE it! It looks so much cleaner and more organized than multiple packaging colors and sizes! If you guys are still working on a request list id love to add some to it! Cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, cereal, lentils, and snacks. Those are my only blank containers currently, pretty good!

16. Talia says:

Can normal Kmart printers print on this paper?

17. SarahG says:

super AWESOME!
    Thank you so much for this page. LOVE the font. Such a cute idea and the update on how to print with iMac was definitely helpful. Didn’t quite look like that but I figured out how to fine/High quality print. THANKS!

18. Susan says:

Everytime I try to print, the image shifts and gets cut off so I only get half of the image on my sticker paper. I’m using the recommended silhouette sticker paper and when I print on regular paper it prints fine, this only happens when using the sticker paper. Has anyone else experienced this?! I need help πŸ™

Hmmm… I haven’t heard anyone mention that Susan. Did you save the image to your hard drive like we mentioned in the instructions and printing at full size? Maybe try rebooting your printer? I would try rebooting. I would also just check the box for paper instead of brochure/glossy that you may be checking for the silhouette? Please keep me posted. Thx!

19. Jennifer Sandholtz says:

Love it. I am reorganizing my baking and pantry today and this is perfect for what I need.

20. Elyse says:

I have quite a few spices that aren’t on here and I love, love, love this font… How can I add to these with more of them? Also, how small are the spice ones? My spice jars are quite small…
    Thanks

21. Alex says:

i would love to be added to a list of when you update these? Theyre amazing!! Thanks so much!!

22. Olivia says:

I love this!! It is so adorable. I was wondering where you found those storage containers? Thank you!

23. Lissa says:

How do i go about getting some more words?

24. Taylor says:

I love these but question? Am I crazy or isn’t the spice cardamoM? Not CardamoN?

25. Rachael L says:

I’m loving these labels!! I am re-doing my kitchen with some open shelves and these are perfect on some glass canisters!

26. Elizabeth Devine says:

I am absolutely in love with these labels as well! They are exactly what I’m looking for for my pantry! I have some suggestions of additional items to be made…coconut flour, coconut sugar, whey protein, almond meal or flour, tapioca flour. I have a lot of spices that are also not included that I would love!
    Also, are these labels waterproof? Is there a way to make them water proof so when I wash the containers, they won’t be ruined? Thanks!

27. Cathy says:

Can’t wait for more labels!

28. shannon jones says:

I would love to print this for different pastas lasagna spaghetti angel hair mac. rigatoni etc…love the font

29. Cherry Nguyen says:

What font is this? I would love additional labels that are not listed! Thank you for this printer-friendly organization pantry labels!

30. Rachael says:

HI,
    I absolutely love these! I am so excited to do this, even wanting somewhere to display them after I do.

I would love to see a cake flour printable though!

31. Tori Williamson says:

You truly need to consider making this a font! It is absolutely adorable πŸ™‚

32. Jess says:

Needs to be self rising flour, but those are so cute!

33. Katrina says:

Could you possibly do a HOT CHOCOLATE label?

34. Grandy says:

Love, love the printable labels in your Five Favorites. Cannot find a link to download them. Are they still available?

35. Grandy says:

Love, love the free printable labels in your Five Favorites list. Are they still available? Would love to order them but cannot get to them through any of the links.

36. Sirena bootland says:

I have read everything, but how do I purchase these to buy

37. Kimber says:

Could you tell me where you got the canisters from? Thanks in advance!

P.S. Thanks for the printable labels as well!πŸ˜€

38. Becky taylor says:

I have some of the containers shown…I got the at Bed Bath and Beyond

39. Bon says:

There is no such thing as cardamon. This is a rampant misspelling of the word CARDAMOM. There is really no excuse, it’s not like it isn’t printed correctly on the label of the original container.

Hi there Bon! Normally I wouldn’t approve and allow such a rude comment on my blog but I am going to approve it for all to see. Here’s the thing; these labels are FREE! They were hand designed and drawn, which took endless hours to draw out, upload and convert to printable labels. Again, for FREE! For readers like you to print and use. Out of all the more than 45 labels that were created, there was bound to be a mistake or two that Jo and I didn’t catch. There is absolutely NO need to come on here and leave a rude comment and telling us there is “no excuse”. It’s really a “rampant” shame that there will always be some person that can’t help themselves from angrily find fault with other’s generosity and voicing it. There really is no excuse for not being kind and appreciative.

• Renee says:

You go girl! Good for to stick up for you and Jo. So many people let a bully get away with being rude but I am happy that you stood up for yourself. THANK YOU for this post and for the FREE labels. I am printing mine as we speak πŸ™‚

40. Becky taylor says:

Made my labels…organized my pantry…now hubby can’t find anything!!!

41. Heather says:

Thank you so much for sharing these FREE printable hand lettered pantry labels!!! They are absolutely beautiful!!! I’m in love <3 It was so very kind of you to offer them to us for free. Looking forward to tackling my messy pantry now. Blessings!!

Thank you Heather! You are so kind to take a moment and leave us a note. Made my day! πŸ™‚ I hope you love them and good luck on pantry organizing! πŸ™‚

42. Charlotte Schwendeman says:

Thank you so much for these labels. They are beautiful! Would you consider making some for other rooms? I would love some for office supplies and laundry supplies. Thanks again!

43. Dani says:

Thank you for making the font so we can make custom labels in addition to the free ones you provided!!! You rock!!!

44. Sheryl says:

What brand are these containers?

45. Miranda says:

I’m having a hard time getting these labels to stay on my spice jars. I bought the Silhouette sticker paper as suggested. Any tips? They are peeling up on the corners within a few hours.

Hmm.. I haven’t had or heard of any problems with the Silhouette paper coming up on glass. Did you clean the jars with alcohol to degrease? If there was any residue on the glass, that can have an impact on the sticking. That’s probably the problem because the Silhouette clear sticker paper works really well. I hope that helps!

• Miranda says:

I did clean the jars prior but maybe I will need different alcohol. I ended up placing clear tape over it and it does not show. Perhaps the glass is different? I did look at reviews on Amazon for the paper and a few others had the same problem so not sure! Maybe I should use the plastic containers rather than mason jars.

That is so odd.. I have a couple glass canisters that I labeled and haven’t had that problem at all. But I just have a couple glass pieces. I mainly use them on acrylic and they stick extremely well and I have been using everything in my pantry cabinet with all the labels. Maybe there is something to it if the reviewers are having problems with it sticking to glass. It could be a certain type of glass too (like something in the glass of mason jars maybe?). Yes, if you have the option of switching to acrylic/plastic, they stick really well and you cannot tell that it is a sticker label. I will make a note in the post for people to know about the glass issue. Thank you so much Miranda for letting me know so I can add that in. Sorry it’s not working on your jars! πŸ™

46. Lisa says:

Love this post! Starting to re-org my pantry before baby #3. Where are your containers from/what brand are they?

47. Kylie T from Australia says:

Pinned/downloaded all ready for our new kitchen/pantry hubby is putting together soon. Thanks so much – Adore them! I’m in love with your pantry picture there πŸ™‚

48. Winnie says:

How did you print in Gold?

49. Armiesha says:

Hi!
    I love these labels. I’m not familiar with printing these, but can they printed in color? Where did you find the potion bottles.

50. Alex says:

Hi there,

I cannot seem to save Pantry Label #5 (5th page). The link for this page seems to not work properly?

Thanks and love your labels!!!

51. Becky A TAYLOR says:

Downloading the font and typing what you want….easy peasy!!! Love it….thanks a BIG bumch

52. Becky says:

Beautiful labels! Quick question…
    Do I need to place something over the label? If so, what? Will ink come off if washed? Suggestions appreciated! πŸ™‚

53. Kimberlee Powell says:

These are so lovely and would make my pantry so pretty and of course, most importantly functional! I was curious if it would be possible to add one for cornmeal? I know that there is one for corn flour, but I didn’t see one for cornmeal. Thanks so much for these beautifully done labels!

54. Sam says:

Thanks for sharing! one question, can I use the sticker sheets with a laser printer?

55. Mikayla Russell says:

where did you find these containers?! They are perfect!

56. Dominique says:

Hi Cindy,
    Thanks for the labels, they are absolutely gorgeous!
    I did print them as you say in the setting, but the ink run off when washing them? πŸ™
    I have an Epson inkjet printer … do i need a special printer?

Thanks,
    Dominique

So glad you like them! Yes, the ink will smear if you get them wet. However, you can put a clear sheet of the silhouette sticker sheets over your labels to protect. I didn’t do that with mine and haven’t had any problems. When I do go to wash out a storage container, I just remove the label and put it back on after its dry.

57. Katie says:

Hi! Do you have any labels for the refrigerator? I would love to label my drawers and shelves (i.e. Fruit, Veggies, Butter, Eggs, Dairy, Meat, Cheese, etc.)? Thanks!

58. Irene Hall says:

Hello! Firstly, your Free Pantry Stickers are absolutely gorgeous. Thank You so much for sharing your beautiful work with us! I have purchased the Silhouette Clear Sticker Paper and took the downloadable file to my local print place as my printer is not working at present. The lady at the print shop said she couldn’t print them as the clear sticker paper is not A4 – she tried but the machine was not recognising the clear label paper. I would have thought that a print place would work with different sized papers etc. Any information would be appreciated. Many thanks.

59. Kathi P says:

Hi Jo,
    Your labels are beautiful! I love them and so nice of you to make them available to everyone free of charge.
    Not to be too picky but the flour should be SELF-RISING instead of self-raising. Thanks again, they’re awesome.

60. Dee says:

What size containers do you use for the flour and sugar? I have been playing with what works best and would love your advice! I have major pantry envy!

61. Leslie says:

Hi!
    I love these labels and thank you for offering them for free. I did buy the sticker paper in the link and printed on the best quality and they came out beautiful! But the prints didn’t want to dry, they remained tacky for days, never really drying. The sheets aren’t that expensive so it’s not a huge deal but was wondering if it’s just my printer (i have an epson) or is there a way to dry these, I didn’t think of a blow dryer at the time. anyone else encounter this?

62. Zory says:

Hello,

The labels are gorgeous!! Where I can find the jars? I love them!

63. Christine Leeseberg says:

Love! Love! Love!

64. T Reid says:

These are gorgeous! How can I change the font color? Thank you for sharing!

65. Cathy Bartch says:

So, I’ve got talents, but not really great ones in the handwriting. I purchased chalk labels and was trying to write them myself. What a mess. These are going to be so easy to wipe off and you can see right through them. Thanks, for all of these. You usually get a free printable. You gave them all. Thank you so much. i also went to January and got the set of Recipe cards. After all we know everything has to match. Thanks again. After I get them up and running I’ll send a pic.

66. Tonya Taylor says:

Love the labels! Thanks so much for sharing. Looking forward to new post. Going to get to organizing!