Our Christmas Home Tour

Tall table top Christmas tree in champagne bucket. The Creativity Exchange Christmas Home Tour

Hi friends and welcome to our Christmas home tour!

For those of you who don’t know, we are a little more than halfway through our 2nd annual 12 Days of Christmas Tour of Homes.  If you’re following along on the tour, yesterday was Jennifer at Dimples and Tangles day on the tour.  Jennifer has so many creative Christmas ideas and it was such a treat to see her home.

So on to our Christmas home tour …

For our front porch this year, we worked in lighted garland into these fun Christmas ball topiaries that we made last year with our next door neighbors.  Every Christmas, we all get together and make/build something together and last year we made these fun topiaries

Christmas front door with DIY ornament ball topiaries.  The Creativity Exchange Christmas home tour.

DIY ornament ball topiary.  The Creativity Exchange

Our wreath is a mix of Christmas balls and beautiful Jaupon Holly that grows wild in the woods behind our home:

Front door wreath mix of candy apple green velvet and fresh Jaupon Holly.  The Creativity Exchange

The candy apple velvet ribbon was something that I found a couple months ago and I was so inspired by it and have used it throughout my home this year.  The color in person is so stunning and it’s been so fun working it into my Christmas decor:

Christmas front door wreath. The Creativity Exchange

I added a few touches to our porch to make it festive:

Front Porch Decorated for Christmas. The Creativity Exchange

I just love the mix of this  geometric chartreuse green, navy and Christmas plaid on our bench:

Christmas plaid mixed with green and navy.  The Creativity Exchange Christmas home tour.

As we head into the house, you’ll need to stop and say hello to our girl Ava.  Ava greets all of our visitors and is full of cheer all year:

German Shorthair Pointer. The Creativity Exchange Christmas Home Tour.

The Creativity Exchange Christmas home tour

In my entry way, I made a wreath monogram by doubling up on long artificial garland.  I used nails at the top and bottom to form my letter and smoothed the branches downward.  I then slipped in some berries:

Monogram Christmas wreath. The Creativity Exchange

Our entry table is full of poinsettias and my tree cones that I made last year. I’m obsessed right now with champagne buckets (which you will see) and I slipped one under my entry way table and added a poinsettia.

Entry Way decorated for Christmas.  The Creativity Exchange Christmas Home Tour.

Tree cones from The Creativity Exchange.  Christmas Home Tour

As we head into my dining room, I have to tell you that this is the longest running room revamp that I have ever had.  We are still not quite finished with this space (we just finished the cabinet fronts about 30 minutes before I shot this picture) but we have made a lot of progress and have been working on it the last couple of months (I’ll be doing several posts in the next couple weeks on the projects we have done so far):

Tall tabletop Christmas tree in champagne bucket.  The Creativity Exchange Christmas Home Tour

Last year during the Christmas tour, I did a small tree on my dining room table in a champagne bucket and I loved it so much, I recreated it on our new buffet and made it crazy tall to fill the height of the mirror:

Tall tabletop christmas tree in champagne bucket.   The Creativity Exchange Christmas Home Tour

I really wanted a pop of red on the table and added this huge poinsettia and fresh holly.  I had this top hat tree topper that I wasn’t using this year and just slipped on the tray for fun:

Christmas Centerpiece using fresh holly, pointsettia and top hat tree topper. The Creativity Exchange Christmas Home Tour

In our kitchen, I filled this wood box with moss balls, magnolia leaves and holly (there are jars of water hidden under the balls for the fresh cuttings).  I worked in this beautiful silk ribbon:

Christmas centerpiece using wood box, moss balls and fresh magnolia.  The Creativity Exchange

Christmas centerpiece using wood box mixed with moss balls, fresh holly and reindeer. The Creativity Exchange Christmas Home Tour.

One of my favorite things to do for a place setting is to take rhinestone sticker letters and monogram pretty ornaments for guests:

Use rhinestone sticker letters to personalize place settings.  An inexpensive and thoughtful gift idea.  The Creativity Exchange Christmas home tour.

I also do the same thing to smaller ornaments and attach as gift tags for presents.  It’s such a fun a quick way to give something personalized.

By the way, my favorite place setting years ago was using this rich brown ornament

DIY-Monogrammed Ornament- Gift Idea- Handmade Gift Ideas

Next up, let’s head into my daughter’s room.

Every year, we add lots of Christmas fluff in our daughter’s room and this year, her tree is full of butterflies and bling:

Little girl Christmas tree. The Creativity Exchange

Little girl's butterfly Christmas tree. The Creativity Exchange

Bella’s tree is filled with ornaments given to her over the years from our family and several that she has made over the years.  A very sentimental tree for all of us!

Little girl's Christmas tree filled with butterflies.  The Creativity Exchange

We fell in love with this glittery nutcracker that we found at Hobby Lobby:

Little girl's butterfly Christmas tree. The Creativity Exchange

Last but not least, here is our main Christmas tree in our living room:

Ribbon Layered Christmas tree.  The Creativity Exchange Christmas Home Tour.

Our living room is currently being revamped and it’s not quite ready for pictures yet (it’s half painted).  However, our tree is up and I went crazy with that gorgeous ribbon I found.  If you’re curious how I did the ribbon, I shared a quick trick from my department store visual design days here last week for how to do all that fun stuff with the ribbon.

Well friends, thank you so much for stopping by our home on the 12 Days of Christmas Tour of Homes!  Ava is sad to see you leave:

German shorthair pointer.  The Creativity Exchange

Next up on the tour tomorrow (Day 9) is Elizabeth from Little Black Door

Happy Holidays and Cheers!

This entry was posted in Christmas Ideas, Decorate and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

51 Responses to Our Christmas Home Tour

1. Cyndy I just knew your home would be filled with creative and festive touches! That green velvet ribbon really sets the scene, the color is so lively and fun and pairs well with your home’s color palette. So many pretty details but I especially love the brightly decorated tree in Bella’s room on your hand painted dresser, and I ADORE those travel prints, gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful home!!! I loved taking your tour!
    Lisa @ Shine Your Light recently posted..Our Christmas Home TourMy Profile

aw, thank you so much Lisa! We had so much fun doing Bella’s tree and she is so excited with how bright and merry it turned out. Thank you so much friend for stopping by and doing all of the graphics for us for the tour! Merry Christmas Lisa! xo
      Cyndy recently posted..Our Christmas Home TourMy Profile

2. Beth says:

So lovely and so many great ideas to steal! Love the monogram garland wreath, monogram ornaments (brilliant!), and champagne buckets. Those cabinet fronts are amazing. Thanks for sharing your home with us!

Thank you so much Beth for stopping by and your sweet comments girl! We were really excited to finally get the fretwork done on the cabinets and it really made such a difference. Love it when things slowly come together. Thank you again and Merry Christmas Beth! xo
      Cyndy recently posted..Our Christmas Home TourMy Profile

3. Cyndy! As usual, you don’t disappoint! Where do I start? That ribbon you used throughout your decor is so pretty and festive, and your daughter’s room is too cute for words! I love the champagne buckets, and am putting them on my watch list, along with bedazzling some ornaments! Thanks for sharing your beautiful home again this year!
    Jenny@EvolutionofStyle recently posted..Paint Colors: Then and NowMy Profile

Thank you so much Jenny! Yes girl, you can do a lot with those champagne buckets because they are big enough for plants, towels in the bath and of course, champagne! Check out your TJMaxx for them. I picked up two more at ours just a couple weeks ago. I will never have enough! Merry Christmas friend and thank you so much for including me in this fun tour! xo
      Cyndy recently posted..Our Christmas Home TourMy Profile

4. Absolutely fabulous Christmas trees! Love the one in the dining room- great styling. Love your pup! Happy Holidays! xo Nancy

5. sherry hart says:

So pretty Cyndy! The photography is perfect and I love your smooch muffin:)

Thank you so much Sherry! My smooch muffin is a sweet girl and she gave me such cute poses. She sleeps 23 1/2 hours a day, so she was shot after her 10 minute photo shoot and needed to sleep it off. Merry Christmas friend! xoxo
      Cyndy recently posted..Our Christmas Home TourMy Profile

6. Missy says:

So beautiful and festive! Where did you buy the champagne buckets? I love those!

7. Gorgeous. Love that tall tree in the champagne bucket, stunning. Your home is so beautifully done.
    Marty@A Stroll Thru Life recently posted..Christmas On The PorchMy Profile

8. Stacey says:

Your home looks lovely, Cyndy! I love how you did the ribbons on your trees, and your daughter’s room is so sweet. What a super cute idea for the place seating too. Merry Christmas!
    Stacey recently posted..HGTV Dream Home 2015My Profile

9. kim willard says:

Love your home Cyndy! I made your monogram ornaments for the ladies in the family last year and
    I used your tutorial to make the Christmas ball topiaries which turned out beautiful! Thank you so much for your inspiration. I only have one tree in the living room but maybe I need a small one for my boys bedroom. How fun!

Thank you so much for your note Kim! I love that you made the ornaments and topiaries and that just makes my day to hear that! If you do decide to do a little tree somewhere else, I just used a bucket that I covered with fabric to hold the tree. It keeps it really stable for the kids. Merry Christmas Kim and thank you so much for stopping by!
      Cyndy recently posted..Our Christmas Home TourMy Profile

10. Beth Walker says:

Your home is stunning and I absolutely love the animal print, aqua colored rug. Can you tell me where I can purchase it?

Thank you Beth! The rug is actually carpet tiles from Flor and the pattern is called “Spot On” and comes in 6 colors. I’m obsessed with carpet tiles because you can do long wide runners or fit unique spaces. The tiles are really super durable too and inexpensive. Thanks for stopping by!
      Cyndy recently posted..Our Christmas Home TourMy Profile

11. Cyndy, you are officially the master of tree decorating – all of your trees are gorgeous!! If you haven’t already done a post on how you so beautifully layer ribbon around your trees, I want to see one (and if you have and I missed it, send it my way :)! And I thought your champagne bucket from last year was magnificent but this year’s is beyond words amazing. Loved the whole tour of your holiday home with sweet Ava by my side. Have a wonderful holiday!
    Kris {Driven by Decor} recently posted..Reader Giveaway: My Favorites for the Home!My Profile

12. Gorgeous!!! Love all the colors and those ribbons!! Your daughter’s room reminds me of my daughter’s turquoise-y Christmas! Love it! Merry Christmas!

13. Jeanne says:

Not picking a favorite vignette because that would be impossible among your lovely decorations, but for some reason the top hat tree topper display under the painting in your dining room (?) jumped out at me. Those two crystal vases with the sprigs of holly in them jumped right out at me. It’s really beautiful.

14. Just beautiful!
    I love how you stayed with the bright colors in your daughter’s room..Christmas doesn’t have to be only red and green 🙂
    Great job
    Maggie May’s Gifts recently posted..Create An Indoor Winter WonderlandMy Profile

15. debbie says:

Hi Cyndy,

Your home looks beautiful for the holidays. Ava is precious, too. I wish you and your family health, happiness and a very merry Christmas!

16. cathy says:

Your decor is gorgeous!! And Ava is beautiful, too!!

17. Hi Cyndy – I love everything but those topiaries on your front porch definitely had me at hello! They set a wonderful tone from the first moment 🙂 xo
    Amanda @ Dixie Delights recently posted..Twilight Tour {Christmas Open House}My Profile

18. diane jones says:

Cyndy, Cyndy, oh, Cyndy ….
    I am speechless.
    From the topiary ornament trees at your front door to the gorgeous shade of luscious green velvet ribbon, your home is exactly what I dream mine could look like at Christmas time. It is so elegant , so festive, not contrived and themed-out …comfortable to the eye. Don’t be alarmed when you see it pinned all over the Pinterest world. I felt compelled to show it to everyone I know !
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us. Truly a treat during this wonderful season.

19. Kristi Stimson says:

Hi Cyndy,What a delightful way to spend my morning , browsing through your beautiful Christmas Photos. I just stumbled on via Pinterest . So glad I did! I look forward to trying some of your ideas next Christmas.
    I would love to know if you could share where you found the travel prints in your daughters room? I am in the process of updating my daughter’s (7yr old) room and would love to find a collage like that ! Her Daddy is a pilot so he would get a kick out of this !
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us and you truly have an amazing talent!
    Kristi Stimson

What a delightful note to wake up to this morning Kristi! Thank you so much for your kind words! Those prints are actually from a 2015 Rifle Paper Company calendar. I shared a post on how I did her gallery wall and where you can find the calendars here:http://www.thecreativityexchange.com/2014/09/diy-framed-calendar-prints.html I think that would be SO adorable for the daughter of a pilot and perfect!!

Thank you again for your sweet note and you’ll have to send me a pic if you decide to do the wall in your daughter’s room. I would so love to see! Merry Christmas to you and your family Kristi.
      Cyndy recently posted..Our Christmas Home TourMy Profile

20. Jennifer Cumbie says:

Absolutely amazingggggg Cyndy!! Love Bella’s tree and all the creative holiday inspirations in each room!! Enjoyed dinner last night and wish you all a Merry Christmas!!

21. What a happy and cherry Christmas you’ve created. I love all the details you added and created. Merry Christmas!!
    Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door recently posted..my home – 12 days of christmas tour of homesMy Profile

22. Sarah Smith says:

Love it! So beautiful!!

23. Nancy says:

Can you explain how you plant the faux trees in a champagne bucket? the smaller trees that I have seen have a plastic stand that is too large for a champs bucket. Do you remove the stand and push it into foam?

Well it’s not terribly easy to be honest Nancy, lol! The tree base is one of those plastic stands with the large legs (legs can be removed). I did use styrofoam, duck tape and rocks, which helped at least to get it balanced enough for me to hard wire. I hard wired about 100 times from the tree to the neck of the bucket, which is actually hidden. It’s for sure not going anywhere but next year, I will pour cement in a plastic bucket! It will be so much easier. This first year was my trial run.

Thanks so much for stopping by Nancy!
      Cyndy recently posted..Our Christmas Home TourMy Profile

24. Oh my, Cyndy!! You always do such a fabulous job, but I think you’ve topped yourself this year! Your trees and ribbon are just gorgeous and the dining room is absolutely stunning! I can’t imagine what you have left to finish up. I have to tell you, I think of you every time I see those champagne buckets at Homegoods, and have been so tempted! 🙂 have a wonderful Christmas with your family!
    Pam @ Simple Details recently posted..a present for you…My Profile

25. Kasia says:

Wow! It’s my American Dream. Everything is perfect & unique Thank you very much! Warm regards from Poland! Kisses Kasia

26. cassie says:

your home is stunning! i love your daughter’s room so much- the colors are fabulous! and i love ava. 🙂

27. Cyndy, your tour is so fun! I love it all, but especially your tablescape with the blue and white and monogrammed ornaments, and your daughter’s room is fantastic! Merry Christmas!

28. So, so festive! I especially love your daughter’s room!
    Julie @ Life of Bliss recently posted..My Christmas Tour 2014!My Profile

29. Hi Cyndy! I’ve finally had a chance to breathe and visit your home tour. Well, girlfriend, you just took my breath away again! Everything is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous! I think I pinned about every pic! Ha! Merry Christmas!

30. Elizabeth says:

Love your home!!! Where did you find that gorgeous sofa table with the mirror above it?

31. Such a lovely home! Love your beautiful hound!! She’s the perfect accessory 🙂 Also love the tabletop tree in your daughter’s room~ will be pinning that for the beautiful use of colors at Christmas. Enjoyed your home and tour 🙂

32. LOVE the wallpaper in your entry hall! Mind sharing the source???

33. Jordan says:

Hi Cyndi!

I absolutely LOVE the travel wall prints in your daughter’s room. I am sure people have asked where you got them before, but I couldn’t find a post or comment for it. Do you mind sharing where you got them? I would be SO grateful!
    Thank You!!!!!