Free Printable Collection of Modern Black and White Prints

Free printable collection of modern black and white prints.  Just add a mat and frame.  The Creativity Exchange

Free printable collection of modern black and white prints.  The Creativity Exchange

I have been playing around lately with several different graphics programs and trying out some new cool techniques.  I am really getting into making graphic art prints for different projects and I created this collection of modern black and white Mandala-ish type prints for my hallway wall.  I loved them so much that I thought you guys might like them as well, so I made them into free printables.

Free printable collection of modern black and white prints. Just add a mat and frame. The Creativity Exchange

There are four prints in this collection and they are standard copy size of 8.5″ x 11″.  What makes these prints so pretty in person is that I printed them on high gloss poster board sheets that I cut down to 8.5″ x 11″ to fit my printer.  Modern black and white graphic prints are usually printed on higher gloss because the ink sits on top of the surface, which intensifies the ink and image.  The shiny gloss finish, really stands out under a mat as well.

If you are interested in printing these on high gloss poster board, I used these poster board sheets that I found at Hobby Lobby in the art supply section.  They are made by Fine Touch and it was only $2.99 for 10 sheets:

IMG_9034

Card stock will work as well but if you’re looking for that modern graphic finishes, high gloss poster board makes a big difference and they look like higher end prints. Also, be sure and click on your printer’s “Best” quality settings, which will make sure that you get the absolute best print (go into properties or advanced settings at print preview).

These prints will have to have a mat, even if it’s narrow.  I had “Bright White” mats cut at Hobby Lobby and just took in the prints and they measured for me.  Also, I used 16″ x 20″ metal chrome frames:

Free Printable Black and White Art Prints.

You don’t have to use a 16 x 20″ frame like I did, a smaller or larger frame would work as well.  But again, you will have to use a mat with the print.

So all you have to do to print is to click on the file for each print below and print.  However, you have to have Adobe installed on your computer to open and print.  If you do not have Adobe, you can download it here for free.  Also, these prints are for personal use only and may not be reproduced/redistributed(Bloggers are of course welcome to share an image and link to this post).

Directly below each image print is a blue hyperlink that will take you to the file to print of that specific print:

Here are the prints;

Black and White Print 1:

Free printable collection of four modern black and white prints. Print 1. The Creativity Exchange

Black and White Print 1

Black and White Print 2:

Free printable collection of four modern black and white prints. Print 2. The Creativity Exchange

Black and white Print 2

Black and White Print 3:

Free printable collection of four modern black and white prints. Print 3. The Creativity Exchange

Black and white Print 3

Black and White Print 4:

Free printable collection of four modern black and white prints. Print 4. The Creativity Exchange

Black and white Print 4

These prints were exactly what I needed in my hallway to add a statement.  I just loved the way they turned out and I’m going to making some in color as well.  If you guys are interested in a color collection, let me know in the comment section what color you think I should do next.  I’ll do another collection in the most popular color suggested.

Have a great day friends and enjoy this little collection!

Sharing this post with Best of the Nest Link Party

This entry was posted in Art, Crafts, Decorate, printables, Wall Ideas and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Free Printable Collection of Modern Black and White Prints

1. Toni M. says:

I would love to see these prints in Navy!

2. Jane says:

Cyndy,
    These are just fabulous! They look like something you would purchase at Pottary Barn or Restoration Hardware! Thank you for sharing something so nice with your readers! I truly appreciate your generosity!

3. Jane says:

By the way, I would like to see them done in a brown. In your first real photograph, the upper left corner graphic actually looks like brown (on my computer anyway) and it looks real rich.

4. Mary Ruth says:

I love these! You are so NICE and generous for sharing your creations! I will enjoy viewing any color chosen, navy sounds good. The crispness of the prints makes them have a high-end look! Of course, anyone who prints these and has them in their home will think of you every time they look at them.

5. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful prints. They look great in the grouping you put together.
    Megan @ Our Pinteresting Family recently posted..Kid Craft – Baby Puffs PumpkinsMy Profile

6. Lynn says:

Thank you so much for these free prints! I am going to go out this weekend and buy some glossy paper for them. At first I was thinking they might look good in a bright aqua or coral or maybe even a bright green but they look so sophisticated in black. Btw what size is the opening on the mat? I would like to get the paper, the mat and the frames all at once. Thanks!

You are so welcome! The opening ended up being 8-1/4 inches, however, I took the original image before I converted to pdf. There are very slight changes in pdf conversions and also, everyone’s printer may be off a very slight amount as well. It should be somewhere around that measurement but I would print one on copy paper and take with you just in case. I agree, a fun bright color would really pop! I can’t wait for you to see them all framed and up on the wall. They look so pretty!

Thanks for your note Lynn!

7. Catherine says:

Thanks so much for sharing!!! These are beautiful. I agree, though-these would be fabulous in navy also!

8. joyce says:

Very cool!!! Teal would be great!!!!

9. Linda says:

Lovely, Cyndy! Would love some in turquoise!

10. They are beautiful Cyndy, especially in the grouping together! Thanks for making them free for us to download!
    Kim @ Sand & Sisal recently posted..Early Fall Wreath TutorialMy Profile

11. kelly says:

these are fab, thank you so much for sharing. I am so happy I found your site!

Kelly – http://www.yourcolorsonsultant.com

12. kelly says:

these are fab, thank you so much for sharing. I am so happy I found your site!

Kelly – http://www.yourcolorsonsultant.com

13. debbie says:

These are fantastic, Cyndy. Thank you so much for sharing the free printables. As for color, I love any blue just about: indigo, turquoise, the royal blue that is on blue/white Blue Willow dishes, I love coral, hot pink, bright green…I’m sorry I got carried away. Anything you do will be beautiful. I even think white on a black mat/background would really be cool with these you did above and mix them hung together – what do you think? Are you still using your same printer or did you get a different one?

Take care

14. molly says:

I would love to see these in most any color, but especially love coral, turquoise, yellow, and hot pink . They are gorgeous. Thanks!

15. Kate says:

I think brown would be a great, rich color to do. Or I wonder about a dark gray or gray/blue. Thanks for these great printables.
    Kate

16. Linda says:

Oooh so beautiful in black! Next I’d love to see them in turquoise! Thank you for sharing with us!

17. Polly says:

I’d vote for navy or teal.

18. Holly says:

Thank you for sharing these – they’re awesome!! I think they’d look best in bold colors. I’d love to see a hot pink or fuchsia option! ♥
    Holly recently posted..Two Minute Bedroom UpdateMy Profile

19. Cyndy your prints are beautiful! They remind me of The Book of Kells and celtic symbols and graphics, so interesting. You are awesome to share them with the world! I love how you framed them with an oversized matte and grouped them together. Thanks so much for sharing them and linking up this post to Best of the Nest!

20. Jessica Devlin says:

These look amazing! thanks so much for sharing. I would love to be able to create images like this myself. If you don’t mind me asking, which program are you using?

thanks a bunch

21. Lauren says:

I just came across your awesome pictures. I don’t suppose they are available in jpeg or something other than pdf?
    Thanks

22. Jen says:

wow! These are fabulous! Did you ever make them in color?
    Thanks for sharing!!

23. christen says:

where did you find the silver frames?

24. Lori says:

I already had some photo paper at home so I printed the designs on that and they look great! We LOVE them.

25. Sharon says:

I love these, Cyndy! Found you through a Pinterest search and will be sharing these on my blog tomorrow for a budget bathroom makeover post. Thanks for the great tutorial!