Color Spotlight- Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter {Paint It Monday}

Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore {Color Spotlight} The Creativity Exchange

Hello I’m Jenny from Evolution of StyleCyndy and I share a passion (or perhaps obsession is a more fitting description) for paint colors and palettes, so I was excited when she asked me to be a contributor for Paint it Monday.  Any chance to write about paint and paint colors, I’m all in.

For today’s Paint it Monday, I’m doing a “color spotlight” and focusing on a paint color that we all know and love – Benjamin Moore’s Revere Pewter.  It’s incredibly popular, and for good reason – it’s not only beautiful, it’s incredibly versatile.  It changes with the light from a beige hue to a lovely gray, and works with any color in the color wheel.  Perhaps one of the most perfect neutrals out there, suitable for any room in the house.

It’s the perfect backdrop for pops of color in these family rooms, allowing the furnishings and accessories to take center stage, while creating a calm and welcoming mood at the same time.

Revere Pewter can also evoke a more contemporary vibe in a room, especially when paired with cool grays.

Did I mention that it’s a gorgeous cabinet color too?

And of course, it makes for a deliciously tranquil bedroom.

And it pairs perfectly with this gorgeous wallpaper too.

But you can punch it up with some color, and it works great in a kid’s bedroom.

What do you think of Revere Pewter?  Do you have it in your home?

Jenny from the blog Evolution of StyleJenny is the author of the blog Evolution of Style and is a corporate drop out, marathon runner, married mother of three + one giant black lab rescue dog. She is passionate about her family and home, and she loves a great DIY challenge.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Color Spotlight- Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter {Paint It Monday}

1. Beautiful images. It is amazing how different one color can look when paired with different styles of decor. Very versatile color indeed!
    Lauren@SimplyLKJ recently posted..Spinach and Pear Salad with Marinated Flank SteakMy Profile

2. maurie says:

The first image by Martha O’Hara Interiors is NOT Revere Pewter – it is Northern Cliffs…I only realized that because I have loved that house for a long time….so I knew the color :) Just incase someone bases a purchase off the image. I love BOTH – so probably couldnt go wrong with either!

3. Vanessa says:

I so wanted to try this color in my master bath, but it kept going to a silvery blue color, did not stay in the gray/beige/brown tone I was hoping for. Maybe something to do with the beige/goldish tile? I had my heart set on it. Ended up going with Amazing Gray, a little deeper than I was hoping for and sometimes takes on a silver sage undertone.
    Love the ideas I find here.

4. sandyc says:

Thanks for the guest blog, Jenny. Don’t have grey but do love it – in fact if I could get them to paint the exterior of my little duplex this color instead of the cool grey white with cold battleship grey brick trim, I’d be a very happy camper. My home is one of 3 on our street with a neutral-to-warm grey roof. On a street in sunny Arizona with mostly yellow beige, vaguely Spanish-style/bungalow homes with variations of brown composition roofs, my home looks like something from the 1940s dropped onto our street by mistake; the other 2 homes fared much better.

I enjoyed your blog and I think you are an absolute master at choosing so many wonderful pics to exemplify your point. Forget about overwhelming HOUZZ; I’ll look to you first when I want to see a color a work.

5. Marilyn the nurse says:

I love this color, have it in my office at home and also in our den. It really looks very different in different light. Some times beige and other times light grey, etc. I would recommend it it everyone!

6. Kim says:

I do love that color and that last photo is actually mine that the houzz photographer took before I changed that room and it was guest room, but for some reason they call it a kid’s room. I have that color in my master bath on the walls and cabinets. Such a great color.

7. Alesha Hill says:

what color trims are you using with revere pewter? thanks!

8. Wow Jenny that is quite the round up of Revere Pewter photos and the varied spaces show just how versatile this color is. I used it in the new home of my parents-in-law and it’s amazing how it works with white, cream, and colors. My favorite go-to color that I recommend most to paint clients.

9. Carrie says:

I have a 1970s home with poplar trim that has turned orangey over the years. It’s not tacky, even though I felt a collective cringe when I wrote that. Our home has been kept current partly due to the fact that I am a paint-a-holic. Since 2006, the flow of my kitchen, dining, living room has been the SW Ivoire stick of colors. I recently painted my kitchen Grey-Beige from Olympic. I swear it looks pink to me. Now I’m looking for something neutral for the living room. The rooms are not open to each other but you can see one from the other. The trim will remain the honey color until I’m dead so any suggestions? Couch is saddle brown leather. I have looked at 100 pics of Revere Pewter but I don’t know if it’s wasted eyesight if it is not paired with white trim.

10. Amy says:

We just bought a home with wood trim and I think I want to do the whole downstairs in Revere Pewter. But I’d like the ceilings to be white, off white or cream- just to keep things light downstairs (it gets pretty shady in the afternoon.) I read that bright white doesn’t look great with wood trim. Any suggestions on colors that would go well with Revere Pewter? Thanks!

11. Jennifer Landry says:

We are redoing a house we just bought that once had the Chinese drywall. We were wanting to use a neutral color throughout the whole house. I think I am definitely sold on the Revere Pewter. The house was gutted but they left the brick on the floors in the kitchen and living room. It’s the Old Chicago brick. I want to paint the cabinets because they are an oak color wood and not my style. What color would you suggest on cabinets with the Revere Pewter on the walls and the Old Chicago brick on the floors? I would love to hear your advice. Thanks in advance:)
    Jennifer

12. Lindsay says:

We love revere pewter! We have just painted our hallway revere pewter with dove white board and batten. Our house is pretty open concept, so we are wondering how much to flow with it into other rooms. Our kitchen has dark cherry cabinets, light cream/brown/yellow backsplash tiles and granite is dark brown/cream with some black and yellow tones. Do you think revere pewter would work in the kitchen? Or, what are coordinating colors for revere pewter? Thank you!:)