Office/Craft Room Revamp {Progress Report}…

Office/craft room revamp project update {The Creativity Exchange}

It’s been awhile since I have shared an update on my office/craft room revamp project.  I had hoped to be finished at this point but the finishing touches are taking a whole lot longer than I expected.  It hasn’t helped that I have had several project fails and have had to troubleshoot every step of the way.

Long story short, we are slowly making progress after overcoming electrical issues, changing paint colors last minute and having to reconfigure cabinet layouts (several times). I think there is light at the end of this tunnel.  Yesterday, I was finally able to start  accessorizing and getting all of our craft supplies organized.  Here are some snapshots of some of the finishing touches:

Yesterday, we were finally able to install my pretty brushed nickel wall sconces from Lowe’s in the alcove:

Wall sconces from Lowes- The Creativity Exchange

I originally had some light panels planned for this spot but those were a project fail.  Last minute, I decided to go with these swing arm sconces and I will be doing original art below the lights.

We were finally able to install the hardware for the cabinets.  We used these pretty and inexpensive brushed nickel pulls and knobs from Lowe’s:

Brushed nickel cabinet hardware from Lowe's {The Creativity Exchange}

By the way, my cabinets are painted with Mindful Gray by Sherwin Williams in a satin oil based.

This week, I was able to cover my desk bulletin board with this beautiful Robert Allen fabric.  I also added some chrome nailhead trim:

Bulletin Board covered with Robert Allen fabric {The Creativity Exchange}

I will be sharing a tutorial next week on my bulletin board project (once I get my desk organized).

I have really been trying to think outside of the box when it comes to organizing my to all of my craft supplies.  I want all of our supplies accessible but I also want to keep the shelves and counters pretty and uncluttered. I came up with using cheap candy jar canisters to store all of my foam brushes, glue sticks, shells and all of that little stuff:

Organize craft supplies with inexpensive candy jar canisters from Target {The Creativity Exchange}

I’m also using pretty ceramic/garden pieces from Hobby Lobby for storing my supplies:

OfficeCraft Room revamp from The Creativity Exchange

My ottoman/cubes arrived from Ballard Design and originally I had planned on covering them with one of my fabrics but once I got them in the space, this pretty French text pattern just popped:

Ottomans from Ballard Design {The Creativity Exchange}

So projects that I’m working on this weekend are adding fabric to this lamp shade.  I found this gorgeous lamp at Marshall’s for $49.00!!

Quatrefoil lamp from Marshall's {The Creativity Exchange}

I will be finishing my ottoman slipcover using Threshold dish towels from Target (yes, I have lost my mind but I am obsessed with this fabric):

Make an ottoman slipcover using dish towels from Target {The Creativity Exchange}

There are so many more little projects to do and I have to finish organizing all of my craft supplies.  The finishing touches will be for my daughter and I to create the art for the space.  Hopefully, we will get everything done in the next week or so. For now, I’m heading to the beach for a break!  I’m tired but so excited about pulling this space together.

If you want to see more on my office/craft room transformation, here is an update from two weeks ago here.

I hope you guys have a fantastic 4th and I’ll be back on Monday!!

This entry was posted in Office. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Office/Craft Room Revamp {Progress Report}…

1. Anja says:

How pretty! I love how you combine unusual pieces. The overall colir scheme is just so light and serene.

2. What a smart looking space you have going there! The Robert Allen fabric is hypnotizing – I love it! So clever with the Target dish towels – I can’t wait to see the end result!

Thanks Jenny! Yes, the fabric is Dwell Studio Coco for Robert Allen. It is such a great pattern and rich colors. The whole collection is gorgeous!! I hope my tea towel slip cover comes together! Fingers crossed!

3. Erin says:

I love your craft room. I just finished mine too. Isn’t it fun to have a beautiful space to work in. I love all your creative storage solutions. It is turning out fabulous!

Oh Erin, you craft run turned out so beautiful!! You did a great job with the storage and your pretty craft table. Thanks so much for the inspiration and your sweet note! Happy crafting!

4. Kelly Miranda says:

Love the nailhead trimming around the bulletin board. So classy and pretty. Can’t wait to see the full project.

By the way, I’m always using nailheads for different projects and purchasing mine from M&J Trimming since they have such a great selection. You should totally check it out at http://www.mjtrim.com/nailheads.html. It’s 15% off all nailheads right now until 8/31/13 and the promo code is: NAILHEAD201

Thanks for sharing your ideas! I’m excited for the bulletin board!
    -Kelly

Thank you so much Kelly and thanks for the coupon code for M&J Trimming! Oh my gosh, I just took a peek at all of their nail heads and I am blown away! So many great choices. I am loving the brushed gold. I would love to do that on something. Thanks for letting me know about M&J and thanks so much for stopping by!!

5. katherine shauger says:

Cyndy…your room looks fabulous. The French written fabric on ottomans is so nice looking. I just made pillows in this same type French mat’l. Like the shelves and glass candy jars, for different look. Lamps & hardware in silver nice look with gray. Look forward to your next craftroom posting. Katherine in Portland..

Thanks sweet Katherine!! I’ve been meaning to ask you, did you go see the Bruno Mars concert yet? Every time I hear Bruno, I think of you! Hope you had a great visit with your girl! Big hugs!!

6. Deb says:

I love what you have done so far. I have not been to Target in a long time – I need to checkout these dishtowels!!

7. Carolyn of Shore to Shore Decor says:

What a great space you’re creating. Love the slip made of tea towels and the cookie jars for conveniently storing those little necessary items! Everything is a real win!

8. Kimberly says:

Where on earth did you buy your Robert Allen fabric and what is the name of the pattern? Love it

The pattern is Coco by Dwell Studio for Robert Allen. It comes in five different colors. I believe my fabric is Coco Brindle and it’s so gorgeous in person. Hope that helps! Thanks so much Kimberly for stopping by!!

9. it all looks amazing. I love the canisters for all of the little things. brilliant! Hugs

10. Linda Cutler says:

Thanks for your posts. It makes me feel better that people who know what they are doing also have color redos regarding paint colors. I have to repaint my living room/ dining room because the color I used BM Pashmina has heavy green undertones. 😐 Makes me crazy. Love your ideas and the room.