I wanted to share my favorite holiday appetizer recipe with you because it’s one of the easiest tastiest recipes that you can make when you need something quick and delicious for a holiday gathering.
I have been making these Brie Bites for at least 15 years now and this recipe calls for only three ingredients! Oh yea, so easy that it practically makes itself!
All you have to do is cut the brie in small pieces, pop them in the phyllo shells and top with about a 1/2 teaspoon of preserves and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. I have tried every kind of preserve/jelly for toppings including raspberry, jalapeno jello and fig preserves but I always go back to apricot preserves.
What’s even better about making this appetizer is that after you have baked the brie bites and they have cooled a tad, you can put them right back into the tiny individual cups that the little shells come in and take your appetizer to a party. This way the shells don’t slide around on a tray in the car and I just ask the host if I can warm them up for about 5-10 minutes in the oven and then place them on a tray.
I always get a lot of compliments on these little bites and it’s really just as easy as it looks and they taste amazing!
Apricot Brie Cups
- 1 package Mini Fillio Shells
- ½ 8oz wheel Brie
- ½ cup Apricot Reserves
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees F
- Cut the brie in small pieces and place about 1/2 tbsp in each phyllo shell
- Top the brie with about 1 tsp of apricot reserves
- Bake the brie cups for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted
- Allow the baked brie to cool slightly and enjoy!
- To transport these brie bites, place them back into the phillo shell container after cooking and then warm them in the oven for 5-10 minutes before serving
- Feel free to swap the apricot reserves for raspberry, jalapeno, or or fig preserves.