I’m a little late doing my summer wreath this year but finally got around to it last week and made this easy eucalyptus door wreath. This is the easiest wreath I think I have ever made (less than 30 minutes) and I wanted to share it with you guys today because it’s so simple and perfect for summer heading into fall.
For this wreath technique, you could use any kind of dried florals like lavender, sage, bay leaves and any variety of eucalyptus leaves. Really, anything would work and look so pretty. I used dried Kiki Silver Dollar eucalyptus branches, which I love and it smells so amazing.
For this wreath DIY , you’ll need the follow;
Grapevine Wreath (I used the 18″)
One Bunch of Dried Eucalyptus Leaves (or another type of dried leaves)
I like to use the grapevine wreath as my base because branches can be easily slipped in and secured under the grapevine.
The silver dollar eucalyptus is a little harder to find than traditional dried eucalyptus. My local Hobby Lobby did not have it and I found it at Craftex in Houston, which unfortunately, does not have ordering online. I have been told that both Michael’s and Trader Joe’s have the silver dollar but I’m not sure.
As a side note, I only used about half of the big bunch of eucalyptus that I bought. I was surprised that it really doesn’t take much.
I began by pulling out the longer/fuller branches and used only the the smaller branches first (roughly 6-8″). I used the longer and fuller branches for filling in later.
I started by tucking in my first branch into the center of the grapevine wreath securely and then I wired down the branch (with floral wire) about two-thirds of the way up the stem/branch.
Next, I tucked the end of my second stem/branch about 2″ up from where I tucked my first stem. I again, wired the branch about 2/3rds of the way up the branch. I did this around the wreath in a clock-wise motion and I always placed the leaves going in the same direction.
This diagram will better show how I got started:
So every two inches or so, I tucked in a new stem/branch and wired about 2/3rds of the way up the stem. I did this all around the grapevine wreath until I made my way back to where I started.
When I wired down a stem of each branch (each branch will have multiple stems with leaves going in different directions), I didn’t wired down all of the stems in the one branch because I wanted some of leaves to come out from the wreath like this:
I knew that once I got all the branches onto the wreath, I could adjust and wire down more stems to pull in the leaves a little more.
Once I made it all the way around the wreath, I placed the wreath on the door to begin making adjustments and filling in.
I really only made just a few adjustments wiring a couple stray leaves and I filled in by snipping my larger branches that I save down to about 6″. When I filled in, I continued to tuck in the stems under the grapevine to secure and I placed the leaves going in that same clock-wise direction.
I really wanted my wreath to look a little unruly and full, so I didn’t really worry about making it look perfect or balanced.
I just loved how easy and pretty this wreath turned out and I think it will be perfect heading into fall.
If you’re interested in looking at some of my other wreath tutorials, you can get to those projects by clicking the image below:
Thanks for stopping by friends and have a fantastic 4th of July!