Update on the Book: It’s Finished!

The book is finished! The Creativity Exchange

A couple of months ago, I mentioned on the blog that I was in the process of writing a book for DK Publishing/Alpha Books called Organizing Your Life.  The book is part of the popular Idiot’s Guide series and will be released on November 25, 2014.  The great news is that the book is finally done and has been shipped to the printer for production!!

I cannot even begin to tell you how incredibly proud I am of the finished product and I can’t wait for you guys to see it!  The book is 300 full-color pages and 144 spreads that highlight creative organizational ideas for every area of the home and a section on organizing the rest of your life.  The book will be in print and also in all electronic formats including ebook/ibook and will be translated in multiple languages.

The best part of all of this is that the editors gave me the freedom to write a book about completely changing the way we traditionally think about organizing.  It’s a very different approach from mainstream organizing and I was worried going into the project that the editors would not allow me to veer so far off of the traditional organizing track.  Not only did they let me veer but they helped me turn it into more of a workbook/plan of action and the book is loaded with unique tools and ideas for getting and staying organized in a more realistic way.

When we finished the book, the editors sent me a copy of the cover.  Seeing the cover at the end was so surreal for me because we only work in small sections at a time. The cover with my name on it (OMG!!) really made it a reality.

Here it is;

Organizing Your Life. Idiot's Guide. To be released November 25, 2014. Cyndy Aldred from The Creativity Exchange

The other cool thing about the book is that the editors allowed me to include projects from many of my favorite bloggers and designers.   These ladies all have extraordinary examples of maximizing space that I wanted to share with readers and I was thrilled that I was able to include some of my favorite projects from the people who have inspired me so much.

I just can’t thank these ladies enough for being a part of the book and if you’re not familiar with them or their fantastic websites/blogs, you can find their blog links directly below;

Contributors of the book Organizing Your Life.  The Creativity Exchange

From the top to the bottom (left to right);

Amanda Carol Eck- Amanda Carol Interiors
Donna Dotan- Donna Dotan Photography
Kim Wilson- Sand and Sisal
Molly Scott-(no website)
Kelly Marzka- View Along the Way
Jenny Williamson- Evolution of Style
Me

It has really been such an amazing experience and I am so grateful to DK Publishing/Alpha Books for asking me to write this book and giving me this opportunity. I was also very fortunate to work with a great team at Alpha Books that helped transform this book into something extraordinary.

I will keep you guys posted on the release and when the book available for pre-order on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.  I am not allowed to sell the book myself but I will have links to the various book sellers as soon as it’s available.  I do know that so far, Costco and Sam’s Club has pre-ordered the book, so it will be available there as well and other traditional booksellers.

Now it’s time for that summer vacation that I have been promising my girl! My husband and daughter have been so supportive and incredibly understanding and we are all ready for a little break.

Have a wonderful weekend friends!

This entry was posted in Organizational Ideas, Organizing Your Life Book and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Update on the Book: It’s Finished!

1. Vicky Craig says:

… And I could not be more proud of you, Cyndy!! I look forward to seeing the finished product! Enjoy a well-deserved vacation.

2. Congratulations, Cyndy! I cannot wait to read it. :)
    Megan @ Our Pinteresting Family recently posted..Ceiling Design Inspiration with HometalkMy Profile

3. debbie Jankowski says:

Congrats, Cyndy – I am so glad you have finished the book and I can’t wait to get it. It could not have happened to anyone more deserving than you. You were one of the first blogs I read and I have learned so much from you and I’m sure I will learn much more from your book. Now, take some much needed chill’n time. I hope to meet you someday as I feel like I already know you.

Take care and much success!!!

4. Amanda says:

Big Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

5. Mary Ruth says:

Congratulations and I can’t wait to see the book!

6. Congrats!!! And thank you so much for including me in this fabulous adventure of yours!! I’m honored =)

xo, Carrie

7. Cyndy! I got chills seeing that amazing cover! So excited for you, and so honored to be included in this exciting project! It’s been such a crazy busy year for you, and 2015 is going to be even more rewarding, seeing all of your hard work come to fruition. :-). You deserve it!
    Jenny@EvolutionofStyle recently posted..Homearama Week – Day Five!My Profile

Thank you SO very much for being a part of it, being so supportive and pinch hitting in the last minute,OMG, I need you, styling department girl! You have been such an incredible source of inspiration and encouragement and there is no way I could have done this book without you being a part of it! xoxo
      Cyndy recently posted..Update on the Book: It’s Finished!My Profile

8. Congrats!!
    Lauren@SimplyLKJ recently posted..Reflections~My Profile

9. Denise Davis says:

So happy for you Cyndy! I can’t wait to celebrate in the cul-de-sac with the Oak Valley Gang.

10. Gloria Anderson says:

Congratulations, Cyndy! Yours is the only blog I follow; you have amazing ideas and a great sense of color! Very excited for you about your book and can’t wait to read it.

11. Mila Powers says:

Congratulations to you! I can’t wait to get and read your book. You’ve been such a big inspiration to me to do things I didn’t think I could do. Relax and enjoy the rest of your summer with your family!

Thank you so much Mila! I always smile when your notes pop up and I am so thrilled to hear that in some way, my projects have inspired you. You have inspired me over the years with your sweet notes of encouragement, support and kind words. Thank you from the bottom of my heart girl! Cheers!
      Cyndy recently posted..Update on the Book: It’s Finished!My Profile

12. Woo Hooooo!!! I’m so excited for the release and can not wait to see it! Everything you touch is beautiful! Thank you again for including me in the book! I’m very honored. :)
    Kim @ Sand & Sisal recently posted..Weekend Paint ProjectsMy Profile

Thank you so much sweet Kim! You know I could not have done this project without something from you! You have been such a wonderful inspiration and precious blogging friend from day 1. Can’t wait to hug your neck and catch up next month in NYC! Thanks for being a part of this special project girl! xoxo
      Cyndy recently posted..Update on the Book: It’s Finished!My Profile

13. Congratulations! How exciting. Love the cover and I’m sure you’ve worked so hard. Enjoy your break now!!
    Maggie May’s Gifts recently posted..Decorate With Your Kid’s Favorite BookMy Profile

14. Jennifer Cumbie says:

So very proud and excited for you Cyndy!!! I can’t wait to get a copy!! Love the cover too!!

15. Ann C says:

Sounds like the kind of book I would enjoy over and over. Please be sure to keep us posted to when we can order your book. Will you be doing a book tour?

16. Laura J says:

I’ve been wondering how the writing was coming along. Good for you ! What an accomplishment – yes, please keep us posted. Best wises for fabulous success with it!

17. Congratulations! I can’t wait to read it!
    Rachel Sheppard recently posted..Feel Good Friday! Norbert: What Can Little Me Do?My Profile

18. Janet says:

Congratulations, I can’t wait to order one! Your blog was one that I first followed while looking for paint colors. You have been such an inspiration for me and my home!

19. Robbie Wier says:

So thrilled for you and proud of you!…….can’t wait!

20. sherry hart says:

Congratulations to you! And thanks for including me:)
    sherry hart recently posted..POTTERY BARNMy Profile

21. So exciting! I’ll be counting down the days til 11.25. Congratulations, Cyndy! You deserve all the success I know you’ll get from this book!!
    Kelly @ View Along the Way recently posted..Master bedroom paint reveal!My Profile

22. VickiGene says:

Cyndy, I’m so happy for your success and can hardly wait to get my own copy of your book. It will keep me motivated to keep making changes and hopefully “permanent” changes because my husband says he hates change (secretly, I think he is stuck in a rut).

And best of all, your book will be a great Christmas gift! I can imagine it becoming a coffee table book in many homes. Who wouldn’t just want to pick it up and browse? I’ll probably have my copy full of those little Post-It tabs so I can quickly return to favorite pages.

Congratulations! And I’m glad I got to know you before you are spoiled by success and book signing tours and doing the rounds on TV morning shows and Steve Harvey … but Dr. Phil, honey!

If you live in or near Irving and need a landscape plan, just call my son. He has wonderful designs for outdoor kitchens, pergolas, lanais and pool houses or just a pretty garden.

Best wishes, Vicki