I’m Still Here… Exciting News!

Organizing Your Life.  Cyndy Aldred from The Creativity Exchange

I am sorry guys that I have gotten out of my regular blogging routine. I didn’t plan on just closing up the blogging shop for a couple weeks. Yikes! I had hoped to pop in here and there but things just got really crazy for me over the last few weeks.  Here is the crazy part- I’m in the process of writing a book.

A few months ago, I was contacted by Alpha Books/DK Publishing about the possibility of writing the book “Organizing Your Life”, as part of their popular “Idiots Guide” series. They wanted to do a 300 page full-color book in print and ebook/ibook, showing all of the creative ways to get organized throughout the home and in our lives. They also told me that they wanted to include a lot of hands-on creative DIY type projects, quick tricks and outside of the box ideas that can help organize a home.   All music to my DIY, quick trick ears!

During our initial conversations, I was very excited to hear that the editors recognized that so many of us are veering off of the traditional ways of organizing and DIY’ing our own organizing solutions, whether it’s a small DIY or big project. That in itself told me that they wanted to do more than just a book with pretty (unrealistic) organizing pictures and that they get it.  Really, it was a sign to me that I needed to do the project and give it all I got so that we can help others look at organizing their homes (and lives) in a different way.

So long story short, we are in the process of doing it and yep, because of the short deadline, I’m giving it all I have and well.., I pretty much have no clean clothes, my child has lived off of mac and cheese for a month now, and almost every room in my home has been organized, fluffed, reorganized and fluffed again.

My plan going into this was to do a beautiful balancing act of all of my responsibilities; family, blog, friends, life, laundry…,  but that quickly fell apart in the first day. I should have known that I would go into that hyper-focused-perfectionism zone and nothing else would get done because of my tunnel vision.

The book is starting to come together in such a really unique and amazing way-thanks to the super talented editorial team, who can work some serious magic and a few of my favorite bloggers and designers who have also contributed some amazing projects!  I cannot tell you how excited I am for you guys to see and when it comes out on November 25th!  This will be the longest five months ever for me!

Now that we are getting near the end of this project, I hope to get back into my blogging routine and I also can’t wait to tell you more about the book and feature the bloggers and designers over the next few months who were so gracious to agree to let us include their projects as well.

As tired as I am and as crazy as things are right now, I am so thankful for this opportunity and the experience to create something like this with Alpha Books/DK Publishing.

I’m off to catch up on laundry, spend some time with my girl and maybe grocery shop. After my short recharge today, I’m heading back in for the final push to get the rest of the images and text done, so the book can get sent off to the printer for the long wait (did I mention five months?! Ugh..).

Oh by the way, I have been sharing little snapshots of what I’m shooting each day on Instagram here if you would like to follow along.  I wish I could share more pictures but I have to save the good stuff for the book!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

This entry was posted in Organizational Ideas, Organizing Your Life Book. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to I’m Still Here… Exciting News!

1. How exciting and I can’t wait to get a copy! I love mac and cheese ;) good luck.
    Debbie
    Debbie refresh resytle recently posted..Outdoor Living – Refreshing FabricMy Profile

2. Laura J says:

Oh Cyndy — CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you and can’t wait to see the final product. I’m sure you’re going to have a hit on your
    hands . . . .

3. Gilly says:

How Exciting! All the best…we will all be here waiting for you when it is all done!

4. debbie says:

This is fabulous news and they could not have chosen a more deserving and talented recipient. I am so happy for you and so glad to hear from you and know you’re ok. I can’t wait to read the book. I’m sure it will be amazing. Good luck in everything.

Take Care

5. You go girl! That is so amazing, Cyndy. I’m definitely going to follow along on IG. :)
    Megan @ Our Pinteresting Family recently posted..Free Father’s Day PrintableMy Profile

6. Congrats!
    Lauren@SimplyLKJ recently posted..Back Yard Update!My Profile

7. Congratulations!! The book sounds great. It will all be worth it in the end :)

8. Mila Powers says:

Here,I’ve been vacationing in Florida for the last couple weeks, checking emails daily and saying “where is she? Did she stop her blogs?” Thank goodness,you’re still here! lol ..best of luck to you. Can’t wait to get and read your book! I know it will be full of great pictures and a loadful of knowledge.

Aw, thanks for checking on me girl! Yes, I know you guys were thinking I just closed up shop. Oh no girl…, I have some fun projects to share with you guys. Thank you so much for your kind words and for always leaving me such sweet notes. You always make my day Mila and have a great vacation (I’m so jealous!!) cheers!
      Cyndy recently posted..I’m Still Here… Exciting News!My Profile

9. Bee says:

That’s awesome! congrats!!

10. Pamela says:

How wonderful for you…and for all of us who need this book!

11. Cindy Lou says:

Great balls of fire! I think I have been following you for almost a year now & just in that short amount of time you have skyrocketed to the big time! I love your style & the fabulous information you share & I predict your book will be a tremendous success! Good luck from the other Cindy!

12. Robbie says:

Oh, Cyndy,….wow! We’re soon going to say, “I knew her when”!!
    So very proud of you- once again!

13. Cherry says:

Wow!! Congratulations!! I can’t wait to buy the book!

14. VickiGene says:

Cyndy, you might as well plan on writing a creativity exchange encyclopedia — volume one: spray paint
    Or you could do as some others have done and sell the 3-ring binder and instruction cards to collect (after reviewing you return or buy). It’s a ‘club.’

I’m so happy to hear you’re writing a book! That’s something I’ve wanted to do since I was a teenager — only I want to write children’s stories. I still have time but I’ve lost so many of the stories I used to tell my little cousins.

15. Pingback: Update on the Book: It’s Finished!