Entry Way Revamp Reveal with FLOR Carpet Squares

Entry way revamp project before and after. The Creativity Exchange

FLOR Carpet Squares

If you follow along with me on Instagram, you have probably noticed that I have been in the very sloooowww process of revamping our entry way over the last couple of months. It doesn’t help matters that I keep starting new room projects before I finish what I have started.  I sure hope I’m not the only one with design attention span disorder..

Ok, so before I jump into the final outcome, let me just show you what our entry way looked like before I got started (sorry, all I had was an old Christmas picture from several years ago):

Entry Way Decked out for Christmas {The Creativity Exchange}

This is what the room looks like today after I FINALLY finished:

Entry way revamp before and after.  The Creativity Exchange

Entry way revamp project before and after from The Creativity Exchange

Entry way revamp before and after. The Creativity Exchange

We just love the way everything came together and lightened up the entry.  I should have done this years ago!  I was so attached to my leather wall because it about killed me to do that paint treatment 800 years ago but it was way past time to lighten up the small space and update it.

My whole entry way plan was pulled together by this awesome rug/carpet squares from FLOR Carpet Squares:

Teal animal print rug is carpet squares from FLOR that are attached with the FLOR adhesives. The Creativity Exchange

Spot On carpet Squares in turquoise from FLOR Carpet Squares.  Comes in 8 colors.  The Creativity Exchange

How amazing is that rug!!

I have been obsessed with FLOR carpet square rugs for years and am thrilled that they are sponsoring today’s post.  If you look at the “before” picture above, you’ll see that I previously had a FLOR carpet square rug in my entry.  That rug has lasted years at the entry and it has amazed me because of all of the traffic and beating it took.  I wanted another one because they are so incredibly durable and the patterns are all so pretty. The best part is that they are inexpensive and they are perfect for those strange sized areas that it’s hard to find the right size rug.

The Spot On rug in turquoise was exactly what I wanted to pull the room together:

Entry way revamp before and after. The Creativity Exchange

FLOR sent me the carpet squares and all I can say is that my jaw hit the floor when I unpacked the box and put the rug together.  It is so bright and beautiful in person.  I know that this rug will last us years.

The Spot On collection has 8 different colors and all of them are absolutely gorgeous!! Just look at these colors:

Spot On Carpet Squares from FLOR.  8 Colors in the collection and you attach with the FLOR adhesives to create rugs.  The Creativity Exchange

Oh yea!  Someone has got to get that magenta color!  I so wish I had a spot for it!  Ha! “Spot” get it??

By the way, if you’re wondering how easy it is to put the squares together, they are a breeze.  I put mine together in less than 20 minutes.  FLOR sends these large adhesive circles that you use to attach the squares once you decide on the layout that you want. Once they’re all connected, as you can see, you cannot tell that they are carpet squares and those adhesives are like cement!  If you’re not familiar with FLOR Carpet Squares, be sure and look around at everything they have. So many great ideas and choices!

As for the rest of the entry way, my mirrored console came from High Fashion Houston:

Mirrored console at High Fashion Home for $399.00

Source: High Fashion Home

My new lamps are made by Uttermost and they are the Carolyn Kinder Rossa Lamps and it’s hard to tell in the photos but they are HUGE and they came from Lighting Direct here (I switched out shades because the ones that came with it were WAY to big):

Uttermost 26783 Carolyn Kinder Rossa Lamp

Uttermost makes the most beautiful lamps and while they’re a little more expensive, they are worth every penny because they are just so beautiful.

The wallpaper is made by Candace Olson and the pattern number is ND7083.

Entry way revamp project before and after. The Creativity Exchange

You’ll notice that I only did an accent wall on the focal wall.  I did a really pretty faux plaster treatment that was so easy to do on the walls throughout the rest of the space and I will share that technique next Monday for Paint It Monday.

Entry way revamp project before and after from The Creativity Exchange

Thanks so much guys for stopping by!  Thank you to FLOR Carpet Squares for sponsoring today’s post and for my perfect new rug!  You guys are awesome and thank you for coming up with such an amazing product!

sharing this post with The Best of the Nest linky party

This entry was posted in Decorate, Design Ideas, Entry Way, Room Revamps, Wallpaper and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Entry Way Revamp Reveal with FLOR Carpet Squares

1. ellen ross says:

OMG i love that rug!

2. kiran says:

wow, i love this mirror

3. Beautiful! That mirror is beautiful (as is the wall treatment). and the rug looks fab! I’ve always wanted to try FLOR carpet squares – I love the idea of being able to swap out squares if they get stained – so smart!
    Jenny@EvolutionofStyle recently posted..Friday 5+1My Profile

4. Laura J says:

WOWZA!! That entry is just GORGEOUS! Nice job, Cyndy. Wish I had just one room in my house that i could call “done” but I also have ADDD aka Attention Deficit Decorating Disorder . . . .

5. It all looks so beautifull, Cyndy! I cannot believe that those are carpet squares! They are fantastic. I love the pattern that you chose for them. You have such an amazing home!
    Megan @ Our PInteresting Family recently posted..Elephant Baby ShowerMy Profile

6. Wow! What a beautiful & fresh update for your entry! I love it!!

7. Mila Powers says:

Love everything! This is so my taste and gosh…how I wish I was your neighbor! Going to check out FLOR’s website today. Great space Cyndy :)

8. Simply Stunning! Love the lamps and that gorgeous rug.
    Lauren@SimplyLKJ recently posted..Super Simple Stuffed Jalapeno PeppersMy Profile

9. Shawna says:

I know you had that stool in your old entryway and recovered it, but where did you get it originally? I LOVE it!

I wish my house looked this put-together. I am in awe!
    Shawna recently posted..Red photography apple teacher gift – Apple photo – Tree of Knowledge – 8×10 – kitchen food photography by ShawnaCameronMy Profile

• Shawna says:

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for that extra bit to be posted at the end of my comment! I will try to remember to turn that checkbox off.

10. VickiGene says:

Candace Olson wallpaper! What doesn’t she do beautifully?

Every touch in your entryway is well thought out and spectacular! I love the way the Spot On turquoise carpet squares by FLOR pulled together the color in the adjacent room and those gorgeous lamps!

Now, Cyndy, tell us, where is your touch of spray paint is. I was hoping you had a new technique for faux wallpaper. ;-) I’m really looking forward to next Monday’s post because I’m really tired of the chalkboard green walls in my foyer. As for never finishing one room or one project before you start another, Honey, you are not alone. I don’t know if it’s a sign of an overachiever’s ego, an attention deficit, or so many design ideas buzzing around that are impossible to resist. I prefer to think it’s the latter. “I think I’ll just go ahead and order that wallpaper so I can hold it up to the light” and “Well, maybe I’ll just hang one piece to inspire me” and then “That other project can wait a little while because the entrance way will be a fast project.” Does that sound about right? That’s exactly how my projects go and I’m never bored.

11. debbie says:

Cyndy,

I love everything you did. It looks stunning. You are amazing !!!!

12. karenh says:

Absolutely beautiful!! You’ve inspired me!!

13. karenh says:

Absolutely beautiful! You’ve inspired me!

14. Michelle says:

How freaking gorgeous! I love the blue and neutral tones together combined with the fun-ness of the rug! Genius! & That mirror is to die for….although it all really is… :)

15. Cyndy – it is stunning! The walls, the rug, the accessories – I seriously love it all. Such a huge difference from the before to the after!
    Kris {Driven by Decor} recently posted..An Amazing Home Office Remodel!My Profile

16. Cyndy I love the lighter and brighter feel of your entryway, the wallpaper and complimentary wall treatment and that gorgeous rug (rugs?) are show stoppers!!!
    Lisa @ Shine Your Light recently posted..Best Of The Nest // MayMy Profile

17. It looks amazing! This is inspiring me to revamp our entry way. And what a difference that rug makes!

18. Wow Cyndy, I would never believe that is the same space! Your makeover is amazing and so chic! Those flor tiles are too cute and I absolutely love how you’ve styled your new Entry. Thanks for linking up with us at Best of the Nest!