Mixed Moss Grapevine Wreath: DIY

DIY Mixed Moss Grapevine Wreath  {The Creativity Exchange}

DIY Mixed Moss Grapevine Wreath {The Creativity exchange}

We had a really bad storm over the weekend here in East Texas and while everything turned out ok, we had a lot of clean up and debris around our yard and porch. It was not my plan to spring fluff my porch yet but since we had to clean up from the storm, I went ahead and tackled the front porch for spring.

This year for our spring wreath, I really just wanted something really simple and easy. I’m really loving bright chartreuse green right now and all I could think about is that pretty chartreuse reindeer moss green for some reason.  I decided to create just a quick little grapevine wreath with the various shades of moss green.

DIY Mixed Moss Grapevine Wreath (The Creativity Exchange}

Mixed Moss Grapevine Wreath (The Creativity Exchange)

This wreath was so easy to make and I did it in less than 30 minutes.  I used one bag of reindeer moss, one bag of mood moss and Spanish moss.  Any combination of moss would work:

DIY mixed moss wreath (The Creativity Exchange)

I also used a medium size grapevine wreath and spray adhesive:

DIY mixed moss grapevine wreath. From The Creativity Exchange

I sprayed the backside of large clumps of moss (you can spray several clumps at a time) and I lifted the grapevine and slid the moss underneath the branches.

DIY Mixed Moss Grapevine Wreath The creativity exchange

After I worked in the green moss, I sprayed the backside of clumps of Spanish moss and worked that in as well.

Mixed Moss Grapevine Wreath (The Creativity Exchange)

When I was finished, I hung the wreath and because I used the spray adhesive and lifted the branches to secure over the moss, everything is secure.  I just love that bright green!!  Isn’t it funny how all of the sudden we just fall in love with a color out of the blue (ha, no pun intended).

The rest of my porch will be finished today and I’ll be back on Friday with the pictures/post.

Thanks for stopping by today friends and just in case you missed it, I’m doing a Home Depot $50.00 eGift Card giveaway this week here thanks to ScotchBlue and The Home Depot.

This entry was posted in DIY, Easter, Easter Decor, Spring, Wreaths. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Mixed Moss Grapevine Wreath: DIY

1. What a fabulous wreath. So textural and organic! I love the mix of mosses and the way they are entwined with the grapevine wreath! I’m leaving very inspired!

2. debbie says:

I love the wreath and the simplicity of it – just perfect. The different colors of the moss really make it stand out. Hope to try it soon.

Take care

3. It’s gorgeous, Cyndy! Thanks for sharing how you made it. You are so creative.
    Megan @ Our Pinteresting Family recently posted..PBK Inspired Bunny GarlandMy Profile

4. janey says:

Thank you for sharing your creativity. We can forget how green is such s beautiful spring color. Can’t wait to make one!

5. Nancy says:

Thank you for the shot of Spring. It’s still cold here in the Northeast.

Love the color of front door. Is it painted? If so, what is the color please?
    Thanks,
    Brookie

I know you guys up there keep getting hammered with cold and snow. I sure hope it warms up for you real soon!

The front door is wood and I stained it with this really cool new Min Wax stain wipes in dark walnut that turned out so beautiful. I’m going to be talking more about how much I love this stuff on Monday and how I did it on my door.

Thanks for stopping by!
      Cyndy recently posted..Mixed Moss Grapevine Wreath: DIYMy Profile

6. Pretty, pretty, pretty!! Love the bright pop of green, and I think I have the same urns on my front porch. Great minds, right? ;-)
    Jenny@EvolutionofStyle recently posted..Outlet-astic FindsMy Profile

7. CD Loken says:

I’ve been searching for a simple-yet eye catching Spring decoration for my front door. Thanks to you-I believe I just found it! Love the mix of greens, which will go perfect with my gray door! (Love the color of your door too-btw!)

8. Cyndy – I love this so much! Simple wreaths with natural elements like yours are my favorite. Can you believe that I still have my holiday wreath on my front door – such a bad blogger :)
    Kris {Driven by Decor} recently posted..One Room Challenge – The PlanMy Profile

9. Danielle says:

Is it ok to use Hot glue instead of spray adhesive?

10. I feel like such a bad blog friend! I can’t believe I missed this wreath! This is perfect and definitely something I should probably do myself! Our curb appeal needs some help! Beautiful wreath!