It’s been awhile since I have shared a recipe, so I thought today I would share one of our favorites. Today’s recipe is for a stuffed chicken parmesan (baked) but it’s my staple stuffed chicken recipe that I use for all kinds of other variations like Chicken Cordon Blue. You can stuff chicken with almost anything like spinach, fresh basil and other cheeses and with this basic recipe. You can also just make make unstuffed chicken parmesan as well.
Here is the recipe;
Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 Chicken Breasts
2 Cups Paul Newman Italian Dressing (for marinade)
3/4 Cup Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Shredded Fresh Parmesan Cheese
12 (1 inch) slices of fresh mozzarella Roll
2 Cups Pre-Made Pasta/Spaghetti Sauce (Rao’s is my fav!!)
- Butterfly and pound chicken breasts to 1/4 thickness. For large chicken breasts, you may be able to cut in half and roll two.
- Place chicken breasts in container with italian dressing to marinade for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan together in a bowl big enough to coat stuffed chicken in and add a 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Place two slices of fresh mozzarella on chicken and roll up and secure with tooth picks. You may have to cut the slices to fit better (you can also sprinkle additional seasoning on the mozzarella and then roll).
- Roll chicken in breadcrumb mix, covering thoroughly. Place in baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (uncovered). Remove chicken from oven, and spoon 2-3 tablespoons of marinara or spaghetti sauce over the top and add 3-4 narrow strips of mozzarella to the top. Return to oven for 5-7 minutes. Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately. I serve with extra sauce on the side.
Again, this recipe is super easy and tastes so yummy. I hope you guys give it a try!
Thanks for stopping by today friends!